Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any headway on a manual steering rack for skylines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any headway on a manual steering rack for skylines?

Been looking for quite some time, has anyone heard anything recently on potential options for a manual gtr steering rack?
    Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

No answers for me, I have had my wife send a few e-mails with a bunch of "I'm sorry"'s. I would think that my trip to Japan this fall might come up with one but that would be with a lot of searching....personally. Try GTR Garage, I sent him an note last year but never heard back.

I know for sure that the Skyline GXi base model had manual steering, just have to find one.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

at this point i am considering a full one off custom job. I just need to find someone who can do it.
      Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

see if these guys can modify an RX7 rack

$580
          oh hai!

Comment

Been running the oem depowered setup for almost 3 years now. (with the piston sliced). and been loving it, both on my GTST and GTR. Steering responce is much improved (even more so if you play with the preload and get rid of the rubber steering colomn coupler with an aluminum unit).

Some effort is obviously required at low parking speeds, but other then that its only been better. The rack is heavier overall, but I didn't like how light the feel of the power rack at speed, so this is just perfect. And obviosly the cheapest (almost free) way to do it. Cost me 20$ to do mine, and that wasn't even for the rack, that was to replace the steering link bushing with aluminum.

I wouldn't go with a "proper" manual rack anyways, yes you get less steering effort, but you loose the quick ratio of the power rack, and honestly its not that bad.
            Last edited by R32-90; 04-18-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

any idea what chips does?

Comment

Working...
              X