Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS Hicas delete kit / Solenoid block off install

Need some help guys.
    I recently purchased an AMS hicas delete kit for my R32. At first I was having trouble removing the old tie rod bushings, which ive seen is the hardest part of the install, but with enough research and effort was able to get them off. Im pretty much finished with the install, just need to deal with the hydraulic part of the install.

The kit includes a "solenoid block off" component. Im having trouble with this!!(i was told its straight forward)
    Ive been emailing the seller asking where in the solenoid (engine bay) does this part go in.
    I keep getting "it goes into the solenoid". I asked if was supposed to remove the hoses that run along the bottom of the car but still he replied "NO, just install the solenoid block off INTO the solenoid, that all". Am i supposed to take the solenoid completely off? then take it apart and somehow install the part provided? Ive taken the solenoid completely off but just cannot figure out how or where the part provided is installed "into" the solenoid.
    Ive included a picture...
    The "Solenoid block off" part is a three piece part with two bolt fittings, same size as two of the fittings already on the solenoid, and a middle part that the two fitting are screwed into.

Can anyone please help determine where on the solenoid are they supposed to be installed? is it supposed to be installed the way it came, with the two fitting screwed into the middle piece? or is the middle piece not even used??
    I dont know???

picture?

Comment

The solenoid is removed permanently and that fitting lets you connect the 2 front lines together, that's why it has 2 banjo bolts with crush washers.

Comment

Thanks for replies
        Click on small image icon for picture...

Ok, But the front lines use big bolts to connect to solenoid. The fitting is a small bolt entry on one side and a big bolt entry on the others side.
        how would the two front lines (big bolt) connect using the fitting?

Comment

Working...
        X