r32 fuel issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r32 fuel issues.

Ok. I have a r32 gtr. It's been sitting for a month due to some problems. First I thought it was a spark issue. Afterchanging a few parts I have determined it's a fuel problem. I removed the fuel line from the filter and cranked the engine. Nothing came out. I changed the filter and the pump with a used one from a friend. I tested the pump by wiring it straight to the battery and it came on. I am still getting no fuel into the engine. The fuse looks good and I can here the pump prime when I turn it acc. I am out of ideas needing some help please!!

Did you check for ecu codes? I'm leaning towards CAS.
    Last edited by bobbo; 01-20-2015, 04:23 AM.

Comment

I never messed with the cas. I have a mines ecu in there. Was looking to switch for a factory one. But haven't dine so yet.

Comment

Messed with or not 20 yr old parts fail.
        Your Mine's ecu is a chipped factory ecu. I suspect the diagnostic mode should still work.
        Last edited by bobbo; 01-20-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
          Messed with or not 20 yr old parts fail.
          Your Mine's ecu is a chipped factory ecu. I suspect the diagnostic mode should still work.
          So what do you suggest I do? Does the cas have any affect of the fuel?

Comment

The cas enables the injectors as per timing

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
              The cas enables the injectors as per timing
              Understood. The problem is the fuel not reaching the fuel rail and injectors.

Comment

Ahhh, if the pump is good and the filter isn't clogged last to check would be fpr, I'd be surprised to find out if that was the culprit though.

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
                  Ahhh, if the pump is good and the filter isn't clogged last to check would be fpr, I'd be surprised to find out if that was the culprit though.
                  I had just located the relay. Gonna remove it and swith it out and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

More suggestions would be appreciated
                    Last edited by shifty671; 01-20-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

make sure you got fuel coming out of the fuel pump outlet. If you do and not out of the filter then you've isolated it to that feed line to the engine. You either have a leak or blockage in that line between the pump and filter. Your FPR will not affect fuel getting to the engine, only returning to the tank, so you can rule that out.
                      If you want to make your life easy, buy about 8-10feet of rubber fuel line the same size as the flex-line on the fuel pump/filter and run it from the pump outlet to the filter inlet, energize pump and see if fuel comes out. If it does you know you have a faulty feed line and need to get a new one. Flex line is cheap and will take under 5 minutes to hook up (you can just run it along side the car, your just testing).
                      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

try bypassing the stock fuel pump voltage mogul by hard wiring the pump with direct voltage via new relay, you could be hearing the attesa pump prime not the fuel pump...
                        Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Working...
                        X