R32 GTR Upper Control Arm Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR Upper Control Arm Removal

Been looking around regarding replacing front upper control arms for the R32 GTR but I haven't been successful in finding what I've been trying to figure out:

Can the front upper control arm be removed and replaced without having to pull other suspension components i.e. tie rod end, lower control arm, coilovers etc.? To me it looks like it can...and if it can, would there be any tension/compression on the arm from the coilovers once the car is up on stands?

it can be removed i've done it... the back bolt on the upper control arm is a pita to remove though... it has to slide through the coilover spring... i had to rotate the coil spring until a gap lined up with the removal of the bolt then pry the bolt out...

if the car is up on jack stands then the suspension is at full droop... there should be no tension or compression, the coilover would be holding the suspension setup and hub at its lowest point... if i remember correctly anyways...

Comment

Sweet. Thanks

Comment

np man... snap some pics when u do it to show us all hows its done

Comment

Easiest thing to remove in the world haha. I didn't manage to snap any pics...sorry...but once the car is up just remove the two bolts and off the arm comes. No tension whatsoever. I removed the bolt closer to the coilover first as that one was easier. Once that one was off I had some play to remove the outer as that one did not have much clearance between the third link and the wheel well.

Comment

Working...
          X