Clutch pedal woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal woes

Hey guys, just recently started to pick up a gritty feel in the travel of my clutch pedal. Also when clutching in and shifting sometimes I grind but only very slight. My clutch fluid was very very dark and had bits in it, I've since flushed and bled it. The car had a great clutch for a while but just recently picked this up, almost feels like I've got a frozen slushie for clutch fluid. Fluid is dark and not too bad. What else gets me is that with the car off, the clutch is smooth and nice. I am leaning towards the TOB on its way out. It also doesn't do it when the clutch disc stops spinning. Maybe a pivot bushing as well? I also still have the stock damper loop but I'll be cutting it out soon.

What time frame was it from feeling ok to feeling "gritty"?
    If it was your TOB you'd hear it every time you stepped on the clutch.
    Do you know if the car has the original clutch?

Comment

Well the fluid stops at the clutch slave. Contamination would point to a blown slave, not to the clutch release assembly. A rusted out CS wouldn't feel too good, I bet. Also the leak goes two ways, contamination goes in but pressure bleeds out; you'd never get full actuation with a blown CS seal, for example, thus grinding gears.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Don't forget Mark that he said it doesn't do it when the car isn't running.

Comment

Yeah, its feels fine when I push it in with the car off. Heres another odd thing I've noticed and not sure if its just me or not. When I push the pedal down halfway and am feeling the pedal and let it up and down, it feels like the same grit pattern if you get what I'm saying. Feels slave or master related but not when the car is off hmmmm

Comment

Time frame was I took it on a nice long trip, got home. Was driving around town then got in and pushed the clutch in and said "whoa somethings not right"

Comment

removed the damper loop and the issue is gone, car seems to shift better as well. now to just get rid of the 1 inch of sponginess

Comment

Working...
              X