Project: Nismo S-tune Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
    Isn't that the Nur spec color? Wasn't the Z tuned a way different finish? Greyish?

the valve cover is the nur valve color, i was referring to the engine bay/car paint, its r34 z tune silver

Comment

I will probably go for the Greddy intake or HKS SPL kit later on after the engine is worked in and all the bugs are work out. From my knowledge, the car has fired up and pretty much ready to go, It is going to paint shop now to get the rest of the body finished. I am actually in Asia now.... Enjoying the 25degrees plus weather here...8) 8) 8) ... but still cannot wait to get back in the cold sh!t weather to see my car done... Once I am back to Canada in a couple weeks, I will post some more progress..
      10 Infiniti FX35
      09 Infiniti G37X coupe
      02 Subaru WRX....sold
      01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
      90-00-08 BNR32
      92 NX2000...sold
      95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

harvey. it's awesome to see your car back together. if you ever think of selling any of your current engine parts my engine (i mean your old one) would love to be reunited.
        Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey
          Front view of the motor.... With Stock Timing belt.. Arghh..... My 5000Km old Greddy was screw up because the last shop who installed my timing belt is an idiot... He torque the tensioner too much and stretch the belts... I am not gonna publicly announce the Name of the the person and the shop.. But I am glad I don't take my car there anymore...
          i don't understand why people do this, put the shop's name out so none of us go through the same thing...you are trying to protect this shop but who is going to protect the other people that blow up their engines because a shop screwed up?

put out their name if you have a bad experience

Comment

^^^^^

+1 FTW!

Bring it on!
            .......GTRCANADA.COM
            Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

Originally posted by maxgohan View Post
              i don't understand why people do this, put the shop's name out so none of us go through the same thing...you are trying to protect this shop but who is going to protect the other people that blow up their engines because a shop screwed up?

put out their name if you have a bad experience
              I just dont wanna bring too much of flame and heat on my post but at the same time, I just wanted to vent. Just PM me to ask about it. I would like to keep it private. Anyways, Just the morning after I got back, I went to the shop to check out my car!! Everything is done. And the car is running. I took the car out and drove for about 5 km just to get a good feel of the new engine. First thing I noticed, Is the exhaust tone is deeper and quieter. When I was driving, because the engine is brand new, I cannot really boot it to feel the real difference. But it does feel really smooth. Leonard got my Ok and he is gonna do the final tidy up of the car (install the tower bar, tuck some wires and vacuum lines). and the car is off to Body shop!!!

Here is the picture of the engine running in the car
              10 Infiniti FX35
              09 Infiniti G37X coupe
              02 Subaru WRX....sold
              01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
              90-00-08 BNR32
              92 NX2000...sold
              95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Looks good Harvey, glad it's up and running. I've read of a few failed engines on the UK forums due to the HKS adjustable cam gears, from slipping, just keep an eye on them and they may need regular torquing....

Your car should be a well rounded machine now!! New block, Nismo suspension bits, Fresh Z-tuned paint,,, Awesome!!!
                1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
                1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                  Looks good Harvey, glad it's up and running. I've read of a few failed engines on the UK forums due to the HKS adjustable cam gears, from slipping, just keep an eye on them and they may need regular torquing....

Your car should be a well rounded machine now!! New block, Nismo suspension bits, Fresh Z-tuned paint,,, Awesome!!!
                  Damn.. I heard about this before too.... I guess the clear timing belt cover is there for a reason... lol... so I can see if the timing is right... I will post some more updates when the car hits the paint shop...
                  10 Infiniti FX35
                  09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                  02 Subaru WRX....sold
                  01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                  90-00-08 BNR32
                  92 NX2000...sold
                  95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Ooookay.... time for some More updates!! I have been so lazy over the winter.. anyways.. The car is pretty much done (just 1 polish and couple little things away). Anyways I am gonna post some picture of my car in painting process at the body shop tonite.

Pretty much the whole car was sanded.

The only rust spot (damn bugger hiding under the rear skirt) is repaired and sanded smooth.

Both of my front and rear bumpers are sanded and ready for paint

All the glasses were removed in order to do a proper job (no over spray at all).

Gotta love my new drifting setup!!!

SNEAK PREVIEW!!!!

Heh heh heh... Had the car the whole afternoon today!! just enjoying the new engine. It is so smooth and I swear it sounded different than my old motor. Car was still dirty and will need a polish (looks almost perfect though). car is going back to the body shop and will be ready on Wednesday... I will update once I got my car back...
                    10 Infiniti FX35
                    09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                    02 Subaru WRX....sold
                    01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                    90-00-08 BNR32
                    92 NX2000...sold
                    95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Just gorgeous Harvey, and a GTR only a true enthusiast can appreciate. I love the fact you've kept it reserved and original...no crazy body kits etc. She doesn't need it.
                      8)

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
                        Just gorgeous Harvey, and a GTR only a true enthusiast can appreciate. I love the fact you've kept it reserved and original...no crazy body kits etc. She doesn't need it.
                        8)
                        yes... no crazy things.... she will be kept as orginal as possible.... maybe just a few parts in the drivetrain.. but that is it.... Cannot wait to pick up the car tomorrow.. muhahahahaha
                        10 Infiniti FX35
                        09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                        02 Subaru WRX....sold
                        01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                        90-00-08 BNR32
                        92 NX2000...sold
                        95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

how much lo0nger????? A 416 MEET IS A MUST ASAP !
                          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I was gonna schedule to pick up tomorrow... but it seems like that it is gonna rain... so probably Thursday!!!
                            10 Infiniti FX35
                            09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                            02 Subaru WRX....sold
                            01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                            90-00-08 BNR32
                            92 NX2000...sold
                            95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

Another shot of my engine bay!!
                              10 Infiniti FX35
                              09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                              02 Subaru WRX....sold
                              01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                              90-00-08 BNR32
                              92 NX2000...sold
                              95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

absolutly beautful. i love everything about the car, a very nice example of a clean and eligant GTR.
                                soon to come
                                mk4 supra

Comment

Working...
                                X