No announcement yet.

Project: Wayback Playback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like some nice stuff coming together!

Consider replacing the OEM O2 housings (turbo dumps) with something less restrictive. HKS and Tomei make some nice tubular parts that reduce exhaust back pressure a fair bit.

Cheers,
    Dan
    sigpic
    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
      Looks like some nice stuff coming together!

Consider replacing the OEM O2 housings (turbo dumps) with something less restrictive. HKS and Tomei make some nice tubular parts that reduce exhaust back pressure a fair bit.

Cheers,
      Dan
      Or better yet get Manny to make some custom ones. I will be going that route when I get new turbos.

Comment

Since i had the exhaust manifolds off for the turbo swap decided I might as well clean them up a bit soo some elbow grease, dremel and whatever free time after i had from my day at work . . . . :

more to come:drive:
        1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
        If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
        Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Soo i went in to FTP yesterday to drop off some Royal purple,plugs,Waterwetter (for my rad) and some other random items, and got to take a good pic of what i think of my stock turbos (saw this pose on another members build thread and loved it) . . .

Some other pics of the engine getting stripped down more and more.

and the reason as to why i hate my stockers soo much, that bastard was barfing oil outta my intake!!! uke:

Some sandblasting and a few surprises to come

Stay tuned more to come . . . .

p.s. I Can truly say now after having work done by Manny at FTP (outta Mississauga) i would recommend him to absolutely anyone here on GTRC, never got so many updates and been asked about soo many little things before the work is actually done!! Thanks Manny your a GOD SEND bro!!!
          1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.

Comment

Coming along there Dave . I though FTP stood for Federal Tubing Products, did he change the name?

Comment

Yuppers Nate! she is commin along and the wait is killing me i am seeing everyone out now, a couple new GTR's in the Oakville-Mississauga area that i have noticed!

On a different note buddy, I heard you had a couple problems with your Oil Cooler if you make any big findings keep me posted as i think i will install one before i go out for my first track day! (p.s. i still want a couple ride alongs hehe )
              1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

the problem I was having was there was no room to attach the hoses to the adapter plate on the block, the power steering stuff was in the way. So I will need to grab some 90 degree 10an fittings now and hope they fit. Moral of the story, dont buy cheap oil cooler kits, BUILD YOUR OWN!

As for the ride along, If you are coming to skymeet and I can get myself signed up for the time attack, I'm sure I can take you for some laps.

Comment

Car Is Home!!!!!!!

Derek GeeTeR, Has come home upateds to follow!!! Big HUGE thanks to Manny (malibusst) and Bobby @ FTP for all your hard work and getting this baby purring again!!!

Hands down would reccomend these guys to anyone with a CAR let along a skyline in the GTA!!

Cheers~Dave

Time to :drive: !!!!!
                  1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Working...
                  X