Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    then i tried some ebay rings, which looked cool,
    i originally wanted to paint them black, but found out i couldn't change/paint the bezel on my boost gauge which was also silver, so it matched
    the two bigger rings weren't super easy to install because of their size, using a pencil to bend the back of the ring to make it snug
    but the smaller rings were just too loose, so i ended up not putting them in
    1) Dont paint them black. The silver on the black bezel looks hella awesome. The CF wrap will look even better.

2) I had the same issue when I put my rings in. Bend the back and then use a tiny bit of glue or silicone. I use silicone. Worked like a charm
    1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• Very nice! I love the rings actually, they definitely do make it look more modern like Brian said... HMMMM.. haha I need to pull my cluster for my new LEDs (White though).. Maybe CF rings... maybe.... meh .. lol

The tow hook, shouldnt that be bolted directly to the bottom of the frame rail, or welded? We can weld it next spring

Looks good! I want that fu*kin steering wheel.. IT really does make panties drop.. or wet.
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
        The tow hook, shouldnt that be bolted directly to the bottom of the frame rail, or welded? We can weld it next spring
        well it is bolted to the OEM hook, which is welded to the frame rail, so....

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
        Looks good! I want that fu*kin steering wheel.. IT really does make panties drop.. or wet.
        i love that thing with a passion, eheh
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          well it is bolted to the OEM hook, which is welded to the frame rail, so....
          Oh ya ya, i know i know. But it's not really "solid" have you tried towing with it? It might flex like crazy like that? Again, im not really sure how it looks cuz ive never seen the way you set it up, but thats just my opinion. I'm gonna buy one and be l337 h4x like youuuuU11!!

Where'd you get it?

And yea, damn that wheel... damn..
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• check out chapters 16, 17 and 25p2 for more info on the hook design/fab/install
            sigpic

Comment

• wow dude i am so impressed. i have spent the last week or so with every minute of my spare time reading this thread from start to finish. i have learned so much and saw so many amazing things i hope to do to my gtr in the future once i have the funds to do it right. keep up the great work man your updates and documentation is amazing
              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Really impressed with your work!

New to these forums but I'm a regular to rx7club.com and I have to say, out of all the project threads I have read, this has to be the best one due to the amount of detail, pictures and description that you have provided.

Always had a soft spot for R32s. Keep it going, it looks great!
                "It don't matter if you win by an inch, or win by a mile, winning is winning.

Rides:

93 FD3S (Weekend ride)
                Looking for a 4 door skyline as a daily driver. PM me if you have one for sale.

Comment

• PM'd you, Franki
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• nice wheel i gots the same one except mine doesnt have the yellow stripe at the top
                    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

• You have done a very nice job with everythin! My question is does the aem a/f fit snug in it's current position or is it mounted a certain way?
                      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                        You have done a very nice job with everythin! My question is does the aem a/f fit snug in it's current position or is it mounted a certain way?
                        it's a little trick the guys at autoworx showed me,
                        you take the driver's side air vent apart, disconnect the tubing, then you're left with some kind of an elbow thingy with a rotating ring (the vent's directionnal ajustment)
                        the inside of that ring is exactly 52mm, perfect for a gauge, but the elbow will prevent you from pushing the gauge all the way in, so you need to cut a hole on the side of the elbow (its just plastic) and it will also hep for wiring,
                        screw the elbow back behing the under-dash trim, and your done,
                        the gauge will be snug tight into the vent, but you'll still be able to ajust the angle of the vent/gauge a bit (the gauge's bezel will contact the trim and prevent you from moving it alot)
                        anyway, its snug, doesn't moe on its own, looks stock~ish

you can see the elbow piece i'm talking about sitting on the floor of the car in this pic;
                        Last edited by frankiman; 12-01-2010, 09:24 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• i've also got my BALLER status enabled today

sigpic

Comment

• WHY'D YOU BLUR THE NUMBERS!?... damn man! now I need to find a new way to fund my upcoming purchases!!! I was waiting until the day you posted this pic too! lolol... nice one!
                            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• yet another rfid chip card.
                              ALLEN PETERSEN
                              Number (604) 961-2449
                              4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                              RB30`s for sale!

Comment

• wow that's insane. first time ever done i wonder??
                                - Adam

:
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Working...
                                X