C-unit's NuB GTR project o0o!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-unit's NuB GTR project o0o!!

Before I start the build, here is alittle about me. I've been in on GTRC since 2005 and had my first skyline since 2006. This project will be the continue of my GTS-t project that I started long time ago but never finish.

My R32 Skyline GTS-t

That project was never finish and I ended up selling everything for parts. Anyways, enough BS and My GTR will carry on my passion towards the R32.

Purpose of the build:
    I am building this car for mainly track days and drifting. It is my learner car for different motorsport. Since I don't have a daily car now, this will also be my daily driver. I am not looking for big hp on this car so engine will be stock for awhile. For the beginning of the build, I will be focus on handling/Chassis modification.

Background about the car:
    I got this car off Adam@feast from June. It arrived last week and works started right away. Car was tune by Signal Auto in Japan with decent amount of mods, However, I am not planning to keep anything beside the shell. I will open up a for sale thread once I get the parts off.

Here is the Mod list:

Engine:
    -RB26DETT (For Sale)
    - Tomei pon cams
    - Tomei Headgasket
    - HKS outlet
    - R34 N1 turbo
    - N1 water pump
    - N1 oil pump
    - HKS F-con Vpro
    - HKS hard twin turbo piping (For sale)
    - HKS Intake piping (For Sale)
    - HKS Intake (For Sale)
    - HKS Intercooler Piping
    - HKS EVC III boost controller (For Sale)
    - Greddy BOV
    - Greddy Turbo timer
    - Mines Equal length Down Pipe
    - Sard Sport Cat
    - Apexi Exhaust

Drivetrain:
    - OS twin plate clutch
    - C's short shifter

Handling:
    - HKS hipermax II coilover (For Sale)
    - Nismo front upper control arms (For Sale)
    - R33 Brembo front and rear brakes (For Sale)
    - Hicas delete bar
    - Nismo LM GT4 17x9.5 +22
    - Dunlop Direzza 245/45R17
    - Nismo front strut bar (For Sale)
    - HKS Kansai rear Strut bar (For Sale)

Exterior
    - N1 duct
    - Jun front lip (For Sale)

Interior
    - Defi water temp (For Sale)
    - Defi oil temp (For Sale)
    - Greddy Boost Gauage (For Sale)
    - Nardi 2 spoke steering wheel (For Sale)
    - Do Luck room bar (For Sale)

UPDATE # 1
    UPDATE # 2
    UPDATE # 3 Engine is out
    UPDATE # 4 Car is stripped, painted engine bay

I will have the progress picture up later on today.
    Feel free to give advice, comment.
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

nice wheels,

it figures, with you being a wheel whore..

also nice to see someone else building a track oriented street GTR

btw, i got dibs on the EVC3, my EVC1 is kind of a fawking dinosaur in the electronics world
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Is that the same gtr in the pics with the green fd?

Comment

Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
        Is that the same gtr in the pics with the green fd?
        yeah it is
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

UPDATE #1

This is the first update of the car. I have spend a few days removing my interior and my front end. Overall a pretty easy job so there are not much to write about it.

I am looking to keep the weight down as much as possible but still keeping the A/C and other electronic features. How can you go fast you are not driving comfortably?????:wink:

Things I am going to do for the interior:
          - Stripped sound deadening
          - Stripped rear seats
          - Fully seam welded
          - 16pt weld in cage
          - Redo Dash wirings
          - Redo Dashboard

Parts That I just received or collected:
          - Vented CF hood
          - CF trunk
          - PS duce Bodykit
          - Aragosta coilover
          - SPL tension rod
          - SPL traction rod
          - SPL rear upper control arms
          - SPL rear toe arms
          - S13 non-hicas subframe
          - K-sport Hydraulic handbrakes
          - Takata 4pt long harness
          - Takata Shoud pads
          - Apexi EVC
          - Razo Padels (yes you can stop laughing now)
          - Work VS-KF 18x9.5 18x11

I am not going to take pic for everything since some of them are in the storage.

Progress Time:

Dash board gone. Most of the interior ares out already. Just havent take pics

Hood is now replace with Vented CF hood for weight.

Look What I found under the car...lol

Front end removed and sold to Joecrack.

Attempt for front bumper install...Failed. Intercooler is in the way.

As much as everyone thinks stock/Nismo GTR looks the best. I don't really give a fuxk. Body kit> stock body.

Comment

I swear I've seen a Mustang GT with that front bumper. What make is it?
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

nice thread, i like how your style is very unique.
              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune
                I swear I've seen a Mustang GT with that front bumper. What make is it?
                PS duce From Japan. I don't buy rice out body kit..

Comment

Charles, care to aid me in finding a body kit? That's about the style I've been looking for but I can't find a reasonably priced one anywhere.

Looking good, we share the same style. "Razo Padels" I love mine, way more grippy than stock.

And I agree, stock body is just ****. What do you "hardcore skyline enthusiasts" like more;

This: http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-large...3019918296.jpg

Or this: http://www.rhdjapan.com/images/produ...rmal/Image.jpg

If you say the first ones you're a fckin liar.
                  Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

Originally posted by Muss View Post
                    Charles, care to aid me in finding a body kit? That's about the style I've been looking for but I can't find a reasonably priced one anywhere.

Looking good, we share the same style. "Razo Padels" I love mine, way more grippy than stock.

And I agree, stock body is just ****. What do you "hardcore skyline enthusiasts" like more;

This: http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-large...3019918296.jpg

Or this: http://www.rhdjapan.com/images/produ...rmal/Image.jpg

If you say the first ones you're a fckin liar.
                    I choose the gunmetal grey BNR32 all stock with NISMO kit... but that's just me.
                    ├┼┼╕
                    246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

Originally posted by CDGuy View Post
                      I choose the gunmetal grey BNR32 all stock with NISMO kit... but that's just me.
                      You'd be correct, that is just you.

Comment

Wrong, alot of people like stockish GTRs. Not riced out pieces of **** covered with plastic to make it look low.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
                          Wrong, alot of people like stockish GTRs. Not riced out pieces of **** covered with plastic to make it look low.
                          Lol. First off, plastic? ahh okay, you've done alot of bodywork lately (thinking of FRP maybe?). Second, make it look low? They are low. Hence the thousands of dollars in suspension upgrades. Third, Bodykit just replaces what you guys (who pretend are the only "legit" owners) consider essential (N1, Nismo w/e). Third, riced out? That's just an idiotic comment. I don't know what car you are thinking about but none of that adds up.

if anyone has a rebuttal PM me so we can leave his thread be.

Charles, your car is heading for pure win.

Edit: Just to point out the flaw in your argument.

According to your standards, this is rice; http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagam...eattackno4.jpg

Damn that plastic making it look low. Stupid nub ricer kids these days.

Comment

muss upon your first posting those links.. i read them and i also believed the grey ones looked better, and i was about to go off about it just like these 2 other guys did...

but i didnt.. i said, nah this is charles thread, we shouldnt flame all over it. ive watched charles projects for a while now and ive always liked what he ends up with and his ideas are usually pretty unique and well thought out, mad respect for charles.

on the other hand... to the people flaming muss... dont forget there is more to these cars than just racing... although most people choose to focus on the racing and handling aspect.. there is a genre who are into this car for a "show" style.. and i agree with muss that if the objective is to have something that looks NON ORIGINAL... then you go with a crazy body kit.

the bottom line bros... to each their own, and we should all try to see the beauty in everything... especially when someone invests so much time, effort and money then they must see something in there, so try to see what they see.

thanks for sharing your project with us charles, i cant wait to see what you do next.
                            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

UPDATE # 2

Thanks for the works guys. Everyone is entitle to their opinion but calling my car riced out pieces of **** covered with plastic to make it look low is just too much.

For the suspension component I chose, i wouldn't say its rice out pos. It is almost better than 95% of the suspension set up here.

This is my inspiration if any one is interested.

ATTKD R32 GTR time attack car. Riced out?? maybe....Functional?? HELL ******* YEA!!!!

Anyways, enough BS, more update:

I need help on removing the A/C, climate control componemnt...any advice??

Rear seat is gutted

I Just did a compression test:

Not bad for a 16year old car.

Here we go again!!! LOL

I havent install all the suspension parts yet. High like a 4x4..but it will change soon.

Something I am looking to do over the next little awhile:
                              - Engine removal
                              - subframe removal
                              - crossmember removal.

Comment

Working...
                              X