No announcement yet.

RB31.5 Street Attack Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol ya minor details. Its really the only thing set in stone right now. But as for parts I have purchased / have at the engine shop, I can try and remember... so here i go.

-RB30 block out of an r31 skyline
    -Crank has tons of work and I honestly don't remember it was built what seems like what was forever ago. Stroke is 89.4 or 89.6mm (again i can't remember sorry), lots of other work was done to it as well. I honestly don't remember all of it. It has been knifed and has went through a number of different treatments
    -Bearings are acl race. Out of which motor (again i'm unsure)
    -Wiseco pistons with an 86.5mm diameter. These were custom from wiseco. i believe we are running uprated rings (I forget what material). the pistons will be coated after they are done being milled out as there is valve clearance problems
    -Pauter rods. Again these were custom, not only for the bearing size but for the length too. Pauter does have a set of RB30 rods that are shelf items. These are not them
    -I'm running a RIPS adapter kit and oil pickup so that I can run AWD.
    -My oil pan has a RIPS extension on it as well. It holds 7.5L maybe 8L with my Greddy 13 row oil cooler.
    -I'm running a nismo 1.5way to handle the extra torque
    -N1 water pump
    -Jun oil pump
    -1000hp ATI rb26 street damper
    -Gates timing belt and I don't remember the particulars on the other components. I think its all nissan stuff with an uprated stud
    -ARP 2000+ +1mm main studs

I believe that covers the short block. Now onto the head.
    -HKS 280 step 2 camshafts
    -Tomei buckets
    -Tomei adjustable gears
    -Brian Cower +1mm valves
    -Custom valve seats
    -Custom bronze phosphorus valve guides
    -Brian Cower springs. I am unsure of which ones.
    -Brian Cower retainers
    -ARP2000+ head studs (They may be L19 but I think they are ARP2000+)
    -Nissan valve seals (They are either that or Brian Cower again I forget)

Well that covers the long block ... I will get to the other stuff tomorrow if I have time.

As for the engineering ... We didn't run it through a program. I dug out my old text book from class but honestly it didn't do anything. I went to school for engineering if that matters lol, but Im way more of a hands on person. We have just been going by old tricks (ie what people have done in the past). I know its done in the muscle car world a lot. I'm not really worried. If anything it wont rev as high as we think which is around 9000rpm but that doesn't really matter anyways because RB30s stop making power at 8000rpm.
    1970 Ford Mustang Fastback -> Fully Restored with Built 351W Motor
    1993 Audi S4 -> 2.2L Turbo at 22psi with a few extra go goodies
    1992 Nissan Skyline GTR -> RB31.5/26 Being Built Now
    1994 Audi S4 -> Fully Restored and Tastefully Modded, 2.2L Turbo with Hybrid Turbo GT3071/K26 at 25psi

Comment

Ok ... I have some time now...

Turbo/Intake setup.
      -Ported twin 2860-5's
      -HPI manifolds
      -HKS dump pipes
      -Complete HKS hot and cold piping for the turbos
      -Custom exhaust, twin 3" downpipes with two 3" hi-flow vband cats that merge to a single 4" with a 4" resonator and muffler
      -Custom pi cut 4" piece that goes from the intercooler to the plenum with one Greddy type-R bov
      -Ported Greddy plenum
      -Ported lower intake plenum also tapped for two 3bar map sensors since I'm running an Apexi power fc D-jetro with commander.
      -Enlarged individual throttle bodies (I don't have the details on these yet)
      -The head is also being ported and polished (No bench flow numbers yet)
      -Intercooler is a type 27 or 29 (I forget) with 3" in and out

I think that covers most things.

Now onto the over drivetrain.
      -R33 transmission
      -OS Giken twin plate damped clutch with the 215mm discs
      -> This is where my attention will go towards after my fuel setup and motor is complete. I know the clutch is too small right now but I will address this when I figure out what I'm doing for a transmission as it may be a different spline.

Suspension
      -Pretty much stock for now.
      -Nismo engine and transmission mounts
      -Complete hicas delete with modified power steering pump. I'm using a Feast hicas lock out bar
      -Coilovers of some sort (I forget which ones, they have Apexi springs)
      ->This will get some attention after I find a transmission that will hold my power

Interior
      -Pretty much stock
      -Has a small sound system with amp and sub
      -Nismo quick shifter and gold JDM shift know of some sort
      -R34 GTR seats
      -Momo steering wheel

Exterior
      -Stock
      -White with a black lip
      -Wheels are Work XSA 01T. They are 18x9.5 +15. They are gold with chrome/polished lip (I guess... You can see from the pics)
      -Tires are Toyo TR1s 265/35/18

So there's my car in a nutshell. I have probably forgot something as it was a lot to remember. I will also be addressing the turbo setup in the future but as of right now I have no idea what that is. That changes daily. Lol. I just need to get this motor running first.
      1994 Audi S4 -> Fully Restored and Tastefully Modded, 2.2L Turbo with Hybrid Turbo GT3071/K26 at 25psi

Comment

Looks like your moving on pretty well... If you have a chance can you snap photos of the crank? Hows the RIPS Oil Pan fitment?

Comment

Ya the build is moving ... but hopefully it will speed up more. There is quite a bit of work to do on it. I think I may grab a case of beer and go to it tomorrow. Lol. If i can remember I will take a few pics of the crank. Although its already installed. My motor is 2 hrs away so I don't get up much. I will be going up in 2 or 3 weeks from now as I will have to drop off parts. I'm just trying to get everything ordered so I only have to make one trip. I am placing an order any day now as I'm now doing a fuel system. I just bought the extension from RIPS. My buddy is welding it on for me. The extension looks great. Rob's welding is top notch. So is my buddy's welding, he spent a while on the mill and the extension fits perfect.

As for the fuel pump, I understand its not ideal but I know the condition of it. Its low mileage and a few years old versus my stock fuel pump as I don't know the exact mileage on it as it looks like it was replaced at some point in its life. I only say that because the blots didn't match up when I replaced it with my nismo. And the everything else appears to be stock as the wiring was in good condition. Heck maybe it was just the sock that was replaced. I just don't know. It's nice to have piece of mind if you know what I mean.
          Last edited by 4jo3; 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Y u type so much .... Post some pictures !!
            All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
            Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
            Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

I really don't have many pics right now... all the parts are at the engine shop. Whenever I'm up there I can get a few pics. I'm trying to get my fuel system ordered so I can get my parts and drop it off and do that all in one trip as it is 2 hours away. I think the motor will still be in pieces because the guy who mills out the pistons for clearance went on vacation and I don't know when he is back. So I can snap some pics then. If she is together, I will still snap some pics but I'm not ripping it apart. Also my camera died a while back and my phone was full, so that's why no pics.

Comment

Love to see you on the street when your done finally someone who can keep up Vik

- There Is One Certainty In Life -
                - All That Lives Is Born To Die -

Comment

That car looks familiar. Is that the one that was at oni-jdm? if it is I think I know the specs lol. As for an update. I started stripping out a bunch of stuff getting ready to paint and maybe stitch weld the front end. (Still up in the air). I will take some before and after pics. I kinda forgot to take some before so I will take some during lol. I don't have a computer right now so it will be hard to upload pics. On a side note. My fuel setup has been ordered and will hopefully be here in two weeks. Also the guy that mills my pistons is back from vacation. So things are moving, slowly but atleast they are moving.

My fuel components ordered:
                  Two bosch 044 pumps
                  Fuel lab 56504 fuel pressure regulator with pressure gauge
                  Fuel lab filter with check valves and 5" stainless steel 40micron element with -10AN in and out

I'm just hoping my car will be a monster on the track/street. I daily drive an s4 in the summer that's around 450-500hp at the crank and its a weapon. There's not much around that can keep up and I want that car to look slow lol

Comment

Good luck with everything , should be a monster when its done!

Cheers
                    My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

This summer should be good lol. My Car vs VIK vs 4j03.
                      Last edited by FOOT; 03-09-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I should be able to scoop some pics tomorrow if I remember. I will also try and upload them but it might be interesting as my laptop is dead. It fell off the desk. Motor is still apart kinda but together. They are doing one last piston and valve check and if all goes well the pistons will be sent out to be coated. Tonight I pretty much stripped my engine bay. The only things that are left is the wiring and some stuff on the firewall but abs and hicas have been pretty much stripped. just need the throw the hicas lock out bar in. I'm just prepping it for paint slash stitch welding. Fenders are pulled as well. It was a lot harder than wat it seems as one bolt broke behind the door so I had to carefully drill it out and retap it. A few other screws were also stripped which made it a pain in ass.
                        Last edited by 4jo3; 03-12-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Sorry no pics. Didn't make it to the engine builder in time. Went to Hooters instead. Lol

Comment

Let the assembly begin

More pics when I get the time.

Comment

nice set up, man!!!!
                              [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]CNP CREW
                              NYCE1.COM[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks man. Sadly, this set will probably never see the streets of ontario now. I just got a job in edmonton and now I don't have anytime to finish it. Anyone know any good tuning shops in edmonton? On a second note my dd just got a new clutch and flywheel as well as a six speed swap I will have to find time to do in the next couple days along with my new 2bennett coilovers

Comment

Working...
                                X