Chris' BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' BNR32

Well, my first build thread got deleted or something it seems, so I'll write up another quick one.

Made 310rwhp for a break in tune and leaned out on the stock fuel pump....new one on the way. This is a street machine only so I'll be lookin for somewhere in the order or 500 - 550 whp. I'd like to run quite a bit more, like in the 700+ range on Q16, but that's in due time. I have a sneaky suspicion that the stock R32 transmission will hold up to that power level as long as the operator isn't thrashing into gears and drag racing it.

Manley I beams, CP pistons, ACL bearings, ATI race damper.
    Tomei 270/10.8mm Procams IN/EX, Tomei adjustable cam gears, Tomei lifters, HKS seals, Tomei studs, Manley springs/retainers.
    6boost twinscroll T4 turbo manifold, set up with two 38mm flanged tials to open dump. GT4088, Tial 50mm BOV, 3" custom downpipe/precat, 5zigen catback.
    Nismo front LSD, Bully single disc stage 4 clutch.
    Tomei sump baffles, head restrictor, external single stage Moroso oil pump with an 3qt Accusump on a solenoid and a pressure switch. (likely going dry sump soon....speaking of which, the cost to build your own is a lot less than what most people figure...If you can weld your own tanks and sump, you could dry sump a car for the same cost as a JUN or Tomei pump/baffle setup). My oil filter and oil filter head assembly are now being held by what previously held the carbon canister lol.
    1000ID's, HKS 11mm rail, AEM regulator, Deatschwerks in tank fuel pump. AEM EMS1, wideband controller, EGT sensor, and it's running a MAP setup.
    Hicas is gone, power steering gone, AC, gone.

Now for a few pictures.

Annnnnnnd, everyone loves the cat!

That's all for now! I'm sure the list is vastly incomplete, but that's the meat and potatoes.
    Last edited by christdeyoung; 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM.

Ignore the timestamps, they're a year off.

Comment

Sharp looking car man. Just out of curiosity though. If you want to just drive it on the street then why do you wanna make so much power? That much power would bit a bitch on fuel and if your insurance finds out they will just drop you. Looks great thoug
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

blamo!
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Damn, wtf....I even searched for threads created by user and I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I only have PLPD on my car and she said that it doesn't matter how much horsepower it makes.

Really only looking for big horse for occasional drag or track days....and some street use. Q16 is like 35-40 bucks a gallon or something so obviously I wouldn't be DD'n it that way.

6-750awhp would be nice and streetable though!

Comment

damn ur build is boss! pretty similar to mine.
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Yeah? What are you getting for vacuum then? lol
              My intake is degree'd to 110 ATDC, and the exhaust had specified 115 BTDC...it was at 117 with the stock pulleys, and I moved it to about 114. No increase in vacuum...
              I'm going to play around with the intake cam to try and improve the vacuum....right now I'm only getting about -5 to -6 psi (20-25 cmHg) at idle, and not a whole lot more during decel.

Comment

noob qustion..whats the blue tubular obejct by yur grill?

Comment

Originally posted by trickey1991 View Post
                  noob qustion..whats the blue tubular obejct by yur grill?

kinda looks like some sort of accusump
                  gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Yeah, 3qt Accusump and solenoid/pressure switch assembly (not visible).
                    For prelube and for protection against oil pump/belt failure.

Comment

As an update, we ran into issues on the dyno again. Max HP was 318 this time...fuel supply issues again. The problem has been determined to be not either fuel pump, but the AEM regulator I installed. Brand new regulator, passing pressure back to the tank at all times. Most regulators will hold pressure in the rail for days, weeks, or more. This regulator drains 50 psi down to 0 in a matter of 1 second-ish.

Second problem encountered was regarding the external oil pump. I believe the (stock) oil pump gasket is leaking because it started developing the problem of losing its prime after the motor has been shut off. (The freeze plug on the pump body is the point of suction for the external pump).
                      Of course the engine ran with good oil pressure once the pump has been primed, otherwise I wouldn't have been running it. And for the times when dry starts were attempted for pump priming, the accumulator was feeding 30 psi, so at no time the oil film was lost. I have my accumulator set up on a pressure switch that feeds the solenoid, and back to a +12V piezo buzzer in the cabin to let me know when this is happening.

Anyways...I'm going with an Aeromotive A1000 regulator, and I'm also ditching the external oil pump and going with a 4 stage dry sump (Moroso 22244) to completely eliminate the priming issue. Before you guys chime in and say it's overkill (I know it is), it's cheaper for me to go this route than it is to backpeddle all the work I've done just to go with a JDM pump (the crank would have to come out for collar installation....fukk that). The bracket is already there, the discharge lines, belt, pulleys, accumulator, etc. What's needed is the pump, tank, suction/scavenge lines, and to modify the pan.

Really I should have just went dry sump from the start, as assuming you can do all the work yourself, it can be done for not much more than a JDM pump/sump extension & baffle/filter relocation setup, and you have the added benefits of increased oil capacity, more even weight distribution if you put the tank in the trunk, and a slight increase in power due to the vacuum from scavenging.
                      Last edited by christdeyoung; 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM. Reason: Let there be paragraphs

Comment

Anyone want to buy a barely used Tomei sump baffle? Give ya a good deal. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X