90 GTR build: Almost parts to a keeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 GTR build: Almost parts to a keeper

I was first told about this 90 Gtr that was for sale by some of the car guys i hang out with in southern Alberta. So after some time and a plan in mind to use this car for some parts on a project i am doing, i bought it.

The car came with a fully built RB26 with head work done and cams. Also has -5 turbos, Exotic speed manifolds, Exotic speed 3" exhaust, nismo twin plate clutch, tomei high flow fuel pump, greddy oil pump, greddy intercooler pipe kit, blitz SBC I-D dual solenoid boost controller, oil filter relocate and cooler,divided y-pipe, BC racing BR series adjustable coil springs, new wiring harness, yellow jacket coilpacks, panasport G7 3 piece rims freshly powder coated (these are light)shift sports carbon fiber hood and many custom machined dress up pieces. Hicas fully removed and locked. AMS solid sub frame bushings. The car is also ran by a ViPec.

So after i purchased the car i brought it over to Lightspeed Innovations for a tune. The end result was 503 awhp and 424.1 tq at 20 psi

But after driving the car car and seeing how good of shape it was in i decided to keep the car. So with that decision came the time to by some parts.

The car when i first brought it home.

So after seeing the shape of the front bumper, I found a stock front bumper in Vancouver with a lip on it painted silver. So i drove all the way out one weekend to pick it up. As well i wanted a little more aggressive wheel setup with this car so i found a set of AME Tracers powder coated dayglo yellow in 18x10.5 +25 offset. I then wrapped them in Nitto NT05's 275/35/18 on all 4 corners.Yes the bumper will be painted and the wheels may change color but this is s it sits right now. The end result:

So now on with the new parts i have ordered so far. The idea is to max out the -5's and see what we get. So far i have bought:

Tomei exhaust manifold ceramic coated. Will be selling the exotic speed ones

Forged Racing rad and fan set

Tomei fuel pressure regulator (will most likely be selling this)

Power House twin fuel pump setup with all new lines, regulator, rail and 1000cc ID injectors. Keeping everything in box for now

Then finally a Aquamist HSF-6 water/meth system (no pic)

Looking at getting a new y pipe. Thinking of getting Fastest Lap Motorsports to custom build me one.

Also the fastest it has ran so far is a 11.81@122 mph

Last edited by red35; 08-20-2011, 02:34 AM.
    Fully built GT-R

saved
    Fully built GT-R

Comment

275s all around damn! i also didnt know greddy made a rb26 oil pump?
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

ugh you bought marks wheels, i was wondering who ended out with them. If i didnt buy my car from him around chirstmas i would have picked em up. car looks good buddy keep it up .
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

nice man, those are way out there now eh..lookin good man. those are some good numbers!!
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Why only 7000rpm? You should consider getting some cam gears and move your powerband a little to the left if your going to limit your rpm.

Comment

The car does have some tomei cam gears. Not sure why it only goes to 7k but once i get all my new parts installed we will go for more.

Added new pics on first post
              Last edited by red35; 08-20-2011, 02:31 AM.
              Fully built GT-R

Comment

never answered my question about the greddy oil pump

Comment

Greddy, Tomei, nismo, jun all made oil pumps for these cars. The retail for a greddy pump is quite affordable as well
                  Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

ive literally never seen a greddy pump nor heard of anyone running one! interesting...

Comment

Not sure why you wouldn't have heard of it.

I know JUN and Tomei are a lot more popular, but I have still seen quite a few tread talking about the Greddy one, a lot of the time asking
                      how it compared to the JUN and Tomei. But I do have to admite that I'm not sure if I ever seen a tread on GTRCanada that talked about the
                      Greddy pump. I'm sure if you did a quick search you would either find a tread in Australia or UK that would talk about it.
                      14 VW Jetta TDI
                      05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                      95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                      95 240sx ( powered)
                      89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                        ive literally never seen a greddy pump nor heard of anyone running one! interesting...
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Nice work! Its nice to see a Gtr in edmonton done up right.

Comment

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Here's the pump....

But your doing a great job, keep up the good work! This will be a beaut if you keep going
                            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Do you have a 2 step or some sort of launch control ? What kind of clutch and gear box are you running ?
                              That car prob has a very very low 11 sec or high 10 sec pass in it once you get that 60 ft time down. I still havnt had mine at the track it's driving me nuts
                              "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Working...
                              X