R32 GTR to GTST conversion lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR to GTST conversion lol

Sup fellas, I am starting my new track car project and figured I'd post up some info on what exactly I'm doing. I recently picked up an R32 GTR Vspec rolling chassis off of a friend. This week I plan to remove all of the ateesa and hicas and begin making provisions for a rwd setup.

Currently, I am thinking of doing an rb25 swap and going large single turbo. But, that would mean I'd need to locate rb26 engine mount brackets or fab up mount brackets in order to bolt the rb25 to the GTR crossmember. I will be sure to post up many updates and pictures as the project progresses, so feel free to comment or ask questions or better yet offer advice lol.

Here is a quick cell pic of how the chassis sits as we speak. Mind you, I have already removed the r34 conversion kit and have began fitting the factory GTR panels back to it.

Nice project.

This is exactly what I would have loved to pick up for parts since my car is the same color.

Keep us updated on your project an how it goes!
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Yea I mean honestly I wasn't the biggest fan of the colour at first but I'm def digging it as i fit it all back together....

Comment

I think it looks great and you have a world of oppurtunity here! I look forward to this one
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Thanks guys, hopefully it comes together quickly

Comment

Depending on what your budget is you could make alot happen man
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

epic swap. i love mine. factory widebody and RWD.

if you have ANY questions just ask. i did this swap all by myself and wired it too. very easy. hardly any welding needed.
              Last edited by RWD_GTR; 10-14-2011, 08:50 PM.
              RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Rwd, I read through your thread and ill def. Be in contact with you throughout my build..... Hardest part will be locating rb26 engine mount brackets and gtr axle ends.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bades View Post
                  Rwd, I read through your thread and ill def. Be in contact with you throughout my build..... Hardest part will be locating rb26 engine mount brackets and gtr axle ends.....

i mayyyyy have rb26 mounts. ill get back to you. btw mounts from a rb20 gts-4 are the same too.
                  RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

Well mates, looks like Ima try to source rb26 or gts4 engine mount brackets.... I'll also be looking for the front axle ends
                    More pics will be up tomorrow

Comment

Alrighty guys, Here is a quick Update.

I removed all of the factory Bilsteins and replaced em with my new coilovers. I will have the knuckles here next week and the adjustable control arms and z32 knuckles will be bolted onto the front.

Also removed the ABS, so I have sensors

A pic of the difference of the bilsteins and new coils....

I also installed the seatbelts and cleaned the interior, the front seats will be put back in today.

I welded up my Hicas Lock out peice and will install it today aswell (will provide a pic tonight)

I will be bolting the front GTR fenders up this evening but sadly the guy with a complete front end flaked on me and I will need headlights, corner lights, I may do a fiberglass hood and bumper tho.

Comment

very nice. wish i couldve started out with a shell as clean as that.
                        RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

RWD: Thanks man, it is pretty clean just the windscreen was fubared

******SMALL UPDATE******

Removed the windscreen this evening and started prepping the front end for install, well what I have of it. Still need headlamps and hood.

Also, I removed the Attesa ECU and HICAS ECU, also pulled the G sensor. These items are for sale in my for sale thread, feel free to hit me up.

Comment

I like.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

...oh waaaow clean
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Working...
                              X