Project GTS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project GTS-R

Well since I'm planning on buying the motor to start in a few weeks thought I better start a thread to try and round up a few things and maybe post a few "before" pics!

As title says, I have a 91 GTS4 which in about a year or two's time, will have a beastly (hopefully) 600+awhp rb26det in it. That said, it would mean a full GTR powertrain/suspension, but in a GTS style body. Upgrades will be slow but eventually this car will be running some pretty high numbers. And I even have the matching trunk badge

One major piece I need is the GTR rear diff and some info on the awd rb20 trans/DRIVESHAFT! Do I need a GTR driveshaft? The GTS 4 has been a pain when it comes to figuring out what is from what style. Hopefully some pics soon!
    91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Update: Well....on my birthday...the slave cylinder decided it would blow its load all over the road just before a red light. So first upgrade part: slave cylinder! R32/33 GTR/GTS4 P#: 30620-05U01 for anyone that needs one.
    91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

I did the swap... You don't need a new driveshaft but you should consider matching up the gearing. What I mean by that is the front diff, trans, and rear diff. If you match all of them up the. You'll be fine. Stick with the rb20 awd option if possible as its a lower gear and will provide better acceleration for you. I know many people say its of less strength but have yet to see a gts4 setup handle anything less than what a rb26 could throw at. If Ou have any questions on the swap let me know. I know the crossover parts for all 32's for the most part
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Aw read the title and hoping for An R31 D;
        Double track drift, yo.
        http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Well with the amount of upgrades i'm planning im going with the gtr trans and diffs. I'm buying from JDM source so it will come with the trans and front diff. Will only need the rear. If it's tuned right and I use race gas....900+ to all 4 might be a possibility :P I'm upgrading everything! It will be a beast but will take time. Just got hired on as an apprentice mechanic too so i now have engine storage/car storage and hoists. I'll see if I can upload some pics here.
          91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

900 hp is alot to go for with these cars if you want to stay reliable. You will have to spend some serious cash on parts to get where you want to be. Don't let that discourage you. You are starting with a great chassis and would be awesome

Comment

I have a GTR driveshaft if you're interested. Used but perfect. Maybe a GTR diff somewhere too.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

i have R32 GTR DIFF + DRIVESHAFT TOO FOR SALE + 250$ FOR BOTH + SHIPPING!

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
                2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

If you do need the driveshaft grab it from nismo s tune. I have dealt with him a couple times and have need had a problem. Post some pics of your car too. I would be interested to see what your starting with

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                    If you do need the driveshaft grab it from nismo s tune. I have dealt with him a couple times and have need had a problem. Post some pics of your car too. I would be interested to see what your starting with
                    I know what you're really getting at rofl thanks bro.
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

No problemo chief

Comment

K FINALLY took some pictures for you guys :P

AMS upper control arms which have worked superbly!

JPerformance screamer pipe. ALSO works superbly (at scaring ppl)

The GTS-R badge! Will put on after it gets repainted (whenever that is)

New OEM slave piston which works wonderfully. Clutch is smooth as butter

Worst rust patch Rusted right through in one spot.

Other side.

Icky tint im getting removed. AND my turbo back 3.5-4" straight piped exhaust with unknown brand 4.5" muffler (sounds sexy)

My mostly stripped interior. Going to end up scraping all of the sound deadener and get resprayed black. Notice the battery relocate!

Cut up door panel and dash from previous break-in (previous owner). Not much up front.
                        Can't see the cut up dash due to glare but the upper dash is pretty bad =/

And finally the heart of the beast <3

Re-spliced battery cable. Yellow jacket coils. Strut bar. Apex'i power intake. HKS SSQV 2. Also have 8000k xenons. Oh and more rust! New o2 is on and new maf is on its way soon to hopefully solve the "running-rich" problem.
                        Last edited by TBird713; 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM.
                        91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

Well It's been decided that because my engine runs just fine and they're a dime a dozen to replace, I will be doing paint first. Will it look riced? Yes. Is that okay on a car like this? Yes. Because race car.
                          91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

UPDATE: Looking into an r34 conversion. Everything firewall forward basically. Includes rad support so I can still get aftermarket r34 bumpers and hoods cheap too. And my neighbour is part owner of the best bodyshop around so getting everything fitted won't be an issue.

***Sticking with r32 front. Going Ferrari's racing red (bright but not orangey) with black rims, hood, front lip, and wing. Gonna look slick. And possibly going with big 280 BC cams when it comes time for the engine
                            Last edited by TBird713; 04-26-2012, 02:18 AM. Reason: Update
                            91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

WELL. It's been quite some time since I last updated this thread and have some good and bad news. Good news is it's gotten multiple upgrades over the past couple months. Enkei EDR-9 17's wrapped in hankook 225/45/zr17 w94 ventus rs-3 tires (which don't break traction in the pouring rain). Adjustable ruca's, adjustable tension rods, fixed front tie rod ends, subframe collars, and megan racing street coilovers. So it's like a whole new car, but here's the bad news.

I'M SELLING IT!

FOR A MINT, LOW KM GTR!!

So i'll be transferring my upgraded parts to the gtr and throwing in an rb26 while i let the engine parts build. Car is going to a buddy of mine and i'll be driving an even better skyline with a lot of upgraded parts like roll cage, turbo timer, apex'i boost controller, nismo 280kph cluster, veilside catback exhaust, driveshaft, axles, rb26 transmission, just no block. So if this car ever see's new paint i'll update but this will be it for a while.
                              91 Skyline GTS-4 RB20DET

Comment

Working...
                              X