Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keng's 1995 R33 GTR V-Spec Grocey Getter getting some Steve Austin implants

…..It all started on the on-ramp to the second narrows,,
    driving my mint 1986 scirocco, right after I dumped 3K into the exhaust and suspension

……oh ****,, it’s raining,, and the big truck ahead is not moving, forgot to upgrade my tires and brakes….
    …SLAMMMM,,
    SCIROCCO vs BIG TRUCK,,,,, BIG TRUCK WINS
    …ICBC …write off….

So the search begins for a new ride…
    Picked this car up from Tyee Imports a couple of years ago,,, I'm guessing it was a track car in japan.

Parts Supplier: http://WWW.NAPOLPERFORMANCE.COM JDM Vehicle Sales: http://WWW.TYEEIMPORTS.COM1995 Nissan Skyline GTR V-SPEC R33, RB26DETT 2.6L twin turbo, TE...

Only 52k on it when I picked it up, …that’s what the odometer told me anyways…

basically the internals were stock, some mild external mods, Apexi exhaust/downpipe, cooling, oil cooler, Power FC L-Jetro, twin plate, suspension, roll cage, and a nice CF racing seat that was too skinny for my fat ass.

Most memorable moments of this car during the past 2 years was the 24 times it took to pass aircare,, ….EPIC.
    In a nutshell since then, I have done the following stuff to it in the past 2 years

Apexi Power Intake
    Turbo Divided Intake Pipes
    N1 water Pump
    AEM Meth Kit
    Wash and wax
    Billion Header Tank
    Mishimoto Fan Shroud
    Billion VFC-ELM temp Gauge <-- I love this
    nice shiny ebay engine damper

BILLION VFC-eLMは、有機ELディスプレーを搭載したアナログ水温メーター型の電動ファンコントローラーです。

Blitz Turbo Timer <-- talks Japanese !
    Tomei Fuel Rail - <--- nice Shiny Blue
    Deatchworks 1000 CC injectors
    Aermotive FPR
    2 HKS EIDS Pro Unit
    Projector Lamps mod <-- courtesy of Dale’s handy work
    Apexi Boost Controll
    LED tail lights <--- don't know what the point was,, I'll never see them...

My initials 5 year plan to upgrade the engine with forged internals has been expedited by some unforeseen reasons.

The immediate plans are now to install the following

Wiesco forged rods, pistons
    ACL bearings
    Tomei Oil Pan baffle, metal gasket kit
    Port and polish head
    Tomei Poncam Set , Type B
    Tomei adjustable cam gears
    Arp head studs

In a few years once my credit card stops bleeding, I plan on replacing the twin turbos with one big gigantic one, MAFS, and perhaps ECU.
    I am hoping that the internal upgrades will safely get me to my 600+ HP goal. (….safely)

Hopefully parts will be in soon, will post pics as they ooze in

…Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and BTW this is a DAILY-Driver, Grocery Getter.
    Last edited by kengeroo; 04-26-2012, 12:12 AM.

nice to see another V Spec! looks clean all around!

I hope you have an oil pump upgrade and restrictor in your plan when upgrading your internals

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PurpleStreak; 04-25-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Thats a nice red! Good luck with your build!
      1991 240sx - rb26dett

Comment

Nice, I was big into VW's (still have an Audi daily driver) before I got the GTR. I had a very nice 87 16v Rocco fun car! I have always been partial to 32's because I think most 33's could be mistaken for 240's not aggressive enough, but yours looks bad ass !! Good luck with the build you have good taste in cars.

Comment

I really like that water temp gauge! Are you gonna keep the half cage?
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Whats the paint code for that red?

Comment

nice one!

Comment

no plans on removing the cage,, besides my cryo bottle lives where the back seat should be...

Comment

tossing the idea around about plumbing it for nitrous while the engine is out ???... think this build will handle it safely ???

Comment

...going to try this again,,, at gigantic zoom level to (got's a gigapan epic pro with a 400 zoom lens),,, waiting for some gooder weather...

Comment

Originally posted by kengeroo View Post
                      tossing the idea around about plumbing it for nitrous while the engine is out ???... think this build will handle it safely ???
                      no...
                      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

also why are you running 1000cc injectors with stock turbos that wont push 400whp?
                        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                          also why are you running 1000cc injectors with stock turbos that wont push 400whp?
                          planning for the future,, no sense buying smaller injectors If I intend to upgrade engine that demand larger injectors in the future...

Comment

Sweet keng, are you installing carputer on your ride.
                            A BIRD ON YOUR HAND ** **** ON YOUR WRIST

Comment

Originally posted by R33rr View Post
                              Sweet keng, are you installing carputer on your ride.
                              I have beta-tested one at work....
                              .... seems like it'll be plug and play,,, but my priorities have changed in the build now ....

Comment

Working...
                              X