KLO R33 GTR small build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLO R33 GTR small build

I guess its time for me to start a build thread as I've had my car over a year now and been on the forum for almost two. Picked up my car from Japan Power inc. in DEC. 2010. I had to trailer the car back to the rock only got a chance to use it for 2 days before storing it for winter. First thing i ever sat in that ran that fast and performed other than a 69 Chevelle with a 396 dyno'd 530 hp at the crank. My car was bone stock other than some sort of exhaust and a turbo timer. Before even having it home and a chance to use it i pulled the boost restrictor and i managed to pic up a set of apexi filters off another GTRC member.

I started small with ordering a few things. I bought a Nismo cluster from a GTRC member ordered some egay shift boots and some Aem gauges. Wide band and tru boost, also a set of HKS SSQ Bovs. The summer past i put about 8k on the car taking it on summer holidays and driving it back and forth to work. only problem i ran into the tank separated from the rad mid summer and i order a mishimoto...really nice rad excellent welds just with the rad alone the temps were cooler on the engine.

Late Sept came after driving the car all summer with out having any troubles I got ready to put the car away. A friend and I decided to take the car for one last ride before winter. We made it about a kilo down the road I pulled in a open parking lot fanned the clutch did a couple dounts and the car lost all power. Looked out the back and a pile of blue smoke started coming out of the exhaust. The engine had a slight knock also. I shut the car off and we pushed it back to the garage. I thought forsure i had a bearing spun or a piston cracked. few months back i finally started to pick the engine down to see what happened... sure enough the ceramic wheel had come off the turbo and went right out the exhaust. Pheww I got lucky.....or so i thought..I continued to strip the block down since i was this far i wanted to change the oil pump and a few other things. When i pulled the head off number 4 cylinder had a small nic in the wall and there was a few pieces of the wheel laid on top of the piston. after talking to a few machine shop i decided i was going to bore over. I packaged up the block and head and sent it to Constantine's in St. Johns. They ordered a set of Wiesco 86.50 mm pistons and i had them recondition the block and the head. They cc'd the head for me turned out to be 67cc's

After all this being done I contacted Daryl at Right Drive and ordered the rest of my engine parts.
    So far my build list starts:

Wiesco 86.50mm piston kit
    Acl Race Main and Rod bearing std size.
    Tomei 1.2mm x 87mm hg
    Tomei timing belt
    Tomei arms 7655 turbo kit
    Tomei 1.5 oil restrictor
    Nissan Oem gasket kit
    N1 oil pump
    Arp Head and rod bolts
    Apexi Power FC w Data loggit from Cortexx
    Apexi AVCR from JDMRicer

Only thing i have left to order is a clutch. Im looking at a exedy twin plate that i was quoted a good price on. I was running a AEM tru boost all summer but i found i was getting boost spikes all the time. so that had to go. Also i removed the abs and all the extra lines as well as the charcoal canister. i took out the second bov only gonna run one
    this time.

Anyways enough with the talking ill post some pics
    95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Last edited by cory; 05-23-2012, 10:02 PM.
    95 R33 Gtr

Comment

95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Finally got a few parts showing up
        95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Looks good can't wait to see your progress! Same car as me and similar build to what I have planned. Are you planning to pick up some cams or just stock? How many km are on it?

Comment

thanks...im keeping the stock cams for this year... Im hoping to get a set next year. for now im looking for some injectors.
            the car has about 130k on it the timing belt was done at 98k. I have some receipt in the glove box from when the car was serviced.
            Over all its a clean car
            95 R33 Gtr

Comment

You should notice a dermatic change with a frest set of pistons and those sweet turbos, compared to last summer. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next time in town.... When Shes running again ofcourse lol. I'm still hunting for my own!
              Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Small update finished painting the engine bay al

Have a question... Has anyone by any chance use Wiesco pistons and measure the deck clearance without cutting the head?
                95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Finally getting the head complete I had 0.010 in planed off to keep the comp ratio up
                  Pretty well finished assembling the head now , just have to get a couple shims cut these things are a pain to put in spec
                  I ported out the manifolds a bit to match the gasket and the flange on the turbo... Should provide a better flow
                  95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Looking good!
                    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

You will notice a big difference with the ported manifolds. I had much better response. Also port from the head to the individual runners on the manifold as well.
                      1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                      2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                      2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Installing the turbos and I think I have a wrong fitting after about a hour of sizing it all up ... It looks as if I have and extra water line bango and bolt instead of a oil line bango and bolt
                        The bango in the last pic I only have one of and I need two.

The instructions are Deff now the clearest tryin to sort the hoses out is a pain

---
                        I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qok40e
                        95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Little update
                          Have a 3000k on the new engine just got from the Dyno tuner said he could of pushed more with more time. But here's the results 423 whp at 19 psi on a mustang Dyno
                          95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Very nice, I hear mustang dyno's read low so your actual number should be a bit bigger. Whats the name of the shop that did the tune?

Comment

Raven auto done the tuning ... I was surprised with how well he could do the partial throttle runs... The power tune was simple
                              We could of upped the boost to make more since he pulled a lot of fuel out of the maps
                              Car ran 11.3 to 11.5 all through boost
                              He told me the mustang reads about 12% lower
                              95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Working...
                              X