Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the auction nightmare

the day i went to pick up my new skyline

all was good until i got in the car to drive it away when i went to let the clutch out, as the car just about stalled but gave it more gas thinking i was going to spin the tires the car slowly starts going.
    At that ponit i'm thinking to my self what the hell is wrong with this car, you alway hear of all the power these car have but there is nothing there. Well after getting the car home i opened the hood to see if i could see anything off the bat nothing jumped out at me so next step was to see what the compression was, started from front to back with the reading's 153,125,79,85,127.
    At that ponit i was thinking to myself is what have i gotten meself into. Well i have the car now there is no turning back now so i started to look online to see what i'm in for now, after finding a new motor for $3000 and trip to Toronto to pick up the the engine, as i was heading home with the engine the only thing going through my head was i hope this one runs better then the one i have now.

4-6 hours of being under the car and under the hood engine is out

new 6 puck clutch in place

motor is now ready to go in

after 8 hours and a pack of smokes and less hair on my head the motor is back in.
    i also found that the blow off valve was not working right, after 4 hours of taking it apart and lubing it up put it all back together and then back on the car the moment of truth turn the key let the car idle for a few mins. and give the car a good rev. hearing that valve dump wow.
    So time for the new engines compression test from front to back 172,169,173,170,172,173 just wow, almost like new.
    There will be more to come this summer, alittle body work and whole lot of panit, new brakes. and more.

sucks that you had to spend another 3k but glad its running good now looking forward to seeing more
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Rough start, looks promising though. Looking forward to updates!

Comment

Yay!! Another skyline in the east!!

Congrats! I'm glad you got it going well.

I live beside mosport, you should bring er out to a track day or two this year
        01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
        93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
        95 R33 GTS-T
        04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

Nextmod?

Woah wait why did you spend 3000 on a 26?
          Last edited by RABBIT; 02-21-2013, 02:21 AM.
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

3000 for a good compression 26= seems legit to me...
            My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
              3000 for a good compression 26= seems legit to me...
              Oh guess i only bought steals of members then,
              Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

well 3k was middle of the road price for an engine, would have went for the one that was $2500 but they had know idea when they would be getting more in stock and i wasn't waiting any longer. the car had been sitting in the back yard for 3 months already,didn't wanna see it sit any long i've wanted one since the first time a play Grand Turismo.

Comment

Couldn't 3k have been used to bring the other one up to standards...possibly for less?

Comment

^ he didn't throw away the other engine, I'm sure he could turn at least a grand if not more off the old one. It's about what's easiest and most readily available.

Good luck with your new motor. Glad to see another gtr got a good owner who fixed it up!
                    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Yeah for toronto area importers 3 grand is average price, and to have one with compression numbers like that is an insane bonus. take it from me, buy the thing as is. trying to rebuild a motor will always cost more, with the main reason being you constantly re-evaluating the build because you want to "do it right the first time" or "well i have it open, may as well do this as well." adds up faster than a zdeno chara slapper
                      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Awesome to see another GTR in Ontario, and sorry to hear it came in a condition a little more than rough. As someone hoping to move around that neighborhood soon, how is the driving? I haven't been up in that neck of the woods for at least five years.

Comment

$2500 fresh crate N1 block (bare) some white ligthen (or something place in brampton)

Comment

Looking good Justin!

Convoy to Skymeet this year!

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me , car should be panited by then

Comment

Working...
                              X