First R32 Gtr build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First R32 Gtr build up

Just wanted to star off by saying i got this car about a year and half ago in the States traded my Procharged 350z for even trade and have been working on getting it cleaned up and how i want ever since. Figured i would start a build thread finally. When i got the car the mods were as followed:

94 Skyline Gtr 96k KM
    Front mount intercooler (Unknown brand still have taken the bumper off)
    HKS SSQ BOV Black edition
    Apexi intake kit
    Apexi silent power exhaust
    Mines Tune Ecu
    Exedy Twin plate clutch
    Rotora front big brake kit
    Cusco Front Aluminum strut tower brace
    Cusco Rear Carbon Fiber strut tower breace
    MOMO steering wheel
    K-Sport coilovers
    Grounding kit
    HKS Type-01 Turbo timer
    Gauge cluster 320km

First night i got the car, after it had been sitting outside for the past four years....

First thing i did to the car was just cleaned the car up since i couldnt be driving around like that....

Then i found an awesome deal on a Power Fc with the hand held that i couldnt pass up.

Also about the same time i bought this i found these Work VS-XX 17x9 +10 offset that were pretty beat up but guy only sold for 900 with tires!! After i got these i tore them down and to 3 pieces and started sanding to get the ready for powder coat.

Took them to get powder coated by a friend..

Wanted to put extended lug studs in since i was going to have to put a 8mm spacer just to be on the safe side to clear the brakes

Bought some 275/35/17 tires and mounted them on the wheels, and since i did that also put a 5mm in the rear.
    1994 R32 Gtr - Exhaust, intake, and tune = 1/4 mile 12.74 (Running new setup soon enough )

about time you got on here. Its travis with the black r32 and purple rims. Love the way this build is going. Just one thing. you sure its a 94. Last possible date of production for a r32 was a93 was it not.
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

No its a 94 there is actually another 94 right near me but mine and his both have R33 engines so i have been told and he was told by the previous owner... im going to keep updating this since im just finally getting around to doing this and get it caught up to where i am now.
      1994 R32 Gtr - Exhaust, intake, and tune = 1/4 mile 12.74 (Running new setup soon enough )

Comment

Next i decided to move onto the engine get that cleaned up a little more and trying to get it running a little better...
        First thing i bought for it were the Yellow jacket coil packs, which made a huge difference on this car.

Decided to also take my valve covers off and take them back to the same guy who did my wheels and get them powder coated.

Came out a little darker than i hoped, Candy Apple Red. However it looked great when i put it back on the car. Also got the strut tower braces done to match it.

Next i wanted to do polish the twin turbo pipe and the apexi intakes.

I wanted to get rid of the stock triple gauges in the car since they werent the most accurate of gauges and have a friend who gets great deals through Prosport gauges. I decided to order a boost gauge and wideband. Also at the same time my friend had an electronic Greddy boost controller that i couldnt pass the deal up since my manual one got stuck and would not let me adjust at all.

After i got all this installed back in the car took it to the local shop Atlantic Motorsports (AMS) to get it tuned. I trusted these guys since the owner also has a skyline (R33 Gtr). Was pretty suprised what my car dynoed at, i made 380awhp and 300lbs tq on 15psi.

Comment

Now that i have how i got my car to where it is now ill start with my current project with it.....
          I decided recently to convert to single turbo to try and make my goal of 500-550 awhp without opening the engine up. I was going to go big twins Gt2860-5's but the person i was ordering through said they were out and always kinda wanted to go single anyway and im happy with my choice now.
          First i decided to order a percision 6262 T4 with V-Band exhaust housing, 46mm Percision wastegate, and Deatchwerks 800cc injectors (rather have more than enough than cutting it close)

Then came the fun part removing the turbos, and i chose the not so bright idea of removing while the engine was still in the car.

After a lot of blood shed and 8 hours later i got both turbos out.

Turbos were still in really good shape.....

As of now i am just waiting on a couple more things before i can put the turbo back on the car, one of my friends who does fabrication on the side is making my manifold right now should have this done in about two weeks will be sitting similar to a Full Race manifold, after he is done making mine he will start to sell for a very reasonable price. Also he will be making my downpipe, dual intake, and extending my intercooler piping. Cant wait to have this thing running again for spring... have some other parts on the way and will be posting up more as i receive the parts and put them on.

Comment

Just a small update just recieved the last piece to my manifold from Full Race..

After i got it the guy who is building my manifold came over to mock everything up and see where the turbo was going to sit after it was mounted. Need to do a little bit work going to cut the intercooler piping down a little, rotate the turbo to have the housing facing down, and last have to figure out what im doing with the power steering reservoir. So after deciding i wanted the turbo this is where i ended up but going to be mounted a littler lower of course so the hood shuts.

Getting closer, manifold should be done in about a week or two and then can mount everything up just in time for spring.

Comment

This is looking like a great start! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on the 6262

Comment

Havent been able to work on my car as much as i would like to over the past two weeks but have done a couple things to it.
                Last weekend i got to relocate the battery to the trunk but when removing everything it is pretty rusted behind where the battery sat. I plan on removing the engine this fall to cut out any rust and weld new metal in and shave the engine bay the best i can but for now im just going to try and patch it up somehow.

I am currently having my friend make me catch can to go in place of where the battery was 8" by 6.5" and 6" in high, should have that done next weekend so ill update when i get that installed.

Next i finally was able to plug the rest of the coolant lines and remove unneccary lines, also decided to remove my grounding kit that was installed by the previous owner since the battery will be in the trunk now.

I will also be shaving and welding in new metal to this side in the fall but for now just going to try and sand and just spray new paint down in there just for the summer.

Last after we put my turbo down in there with the manifold everything wasnt lining up right since i still have A/C in the car, i plan on removing eventually but still works and havent got around to doing so yet. So we decided to move the placement of the turbo to dead center of the engine between the strut tower and engine (really tight fit, not sure how people with bigger turbos fit it in). But here is the just a picture of how it was mocked up on the car today just to see if everything fit and its looking good. The guy building the manifold is hoping to have it done for the most part next week...

Comment

Beauty! Good job

Comment

Nice progress mate, keep it up!

Comment

Thanks guys hoping the manifold is done by the end of the week so i can start mounting everything up. Im going to have to figure out somewhere to mount my power steering reserviri this week, thinking up near the passenger headlight somehow tucked away.

Comment

Just a small update on the manifold, should be done this saturday we are hoping. He is coming back down tomorrow to test fit everything one last time before he finally welds it all together. Hoping ill be able to start putting the car back togther last night.

Comment

Just got my manifold back and test fitted it with the turbo on fits pretty nice, he is going to start making them for 850 and they fit rb20/25/26 which is nice.

My down pipe should be done this week along with my intake and dump pipe i am hoping so i can get the car back up and running.

Comment

Liking the progress, will stay tuned with this one!
                            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Been a little while since i have posted any progress since the last time i posted havent got much done but this week have been slaving away in the garage and trying to get it running by the weekend.
                              I wrapped my manifold last week after spraying it black.

Last edited by zclopper32; 08-28-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X