The Lurkin R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lurkin R32 GTR

Well I figured it was time to make a build thread on here, It's going to be more then just my GTR and probably be divided in sections. There will a good amount of writing along with pictures so feel free to just scroll. Before coming the owner of my current 1991 GTR. I previously owned a 1992 240sx which I bought when I was 16. This is the day I bought it.

It came with the VIS Carbon fiber hood, Stance coilovers and a hurting a$$ rb20 swap that I went through a summer blowing 7 turbos while trying to find the problem in one summer lol. Through out winter I swapped I bought another full rb20 swap with 80,xxxkm, then after plenty hours of research I decided to go with a VG30ET Steel Wheel turbo, braided lines, 3" custom turbo back with screamer welded in, Decided to go with the VG30ET because it was a rare 300z turbo that came stock with a steel wheel since I didn't want to get a rb25 turbo and have a ceramic wheel again. Also went with a GTR injectors and Z32 maf along with new gaskets. Through out the summer I did other things such as XXR wheels (Broke student) that I ended up painting white, Instant Gentleman kit, Kouki taillights and ASPEC Blast Pipes.

And painted it with some spray bombs lol

[IMG][/IMG]

I daily drove it and drifted it 1" of the ground the summer without any engine issues. Curbs do hurt though

I took the task off fiber glassing it and learning to bondo and paint and fixed it the next day. Wasn't a fun task but definitely rewarding.

At the end of the summer I got a full time job and wanted something with more power and didn't want to part it out so I traded my 240sx for a 1992 Skyline GTS4 that I planned to build a rb26 with forged internals and top mount and wide body. Here's the first day I had it.

It came with the rb20 awd, torque splitter, yellow jacket coils, Exhaust, Greddy Ultimate, turbo timer, ac & hicas delete. I drove it as is saving for parts for the winter build. Here's a shot at the year end local drift event.
    Last edited by garetth; 05-02-2013, 01:24 AM.

Then winter came and I only drove the Skyline on weekends for some week end fun. With the AWD and torque splitter on 50/50 with some crappy winter tires it was still an ease and we just had over 6 feet of snow this winter.

Over the winter I collected, Uras Rear Bumper, Du Luck side skirts, Do Luck gtst front bumper, +30mm rear over fenders and just needed fronts.

For engine I had Power FC Djetro, N1 oil pump CP 87mm Pistons, Eagle rods, balanced collared and polished crank, Deathwerks injectors, tomei rod bolts, hks head gasket, gasket build kit, arp studs, top mount, hks fmic with hard piping kit, greddy oil cooler & relocation, topmanifold and a lot of other things

The only thing left needed was a clutch and other misc things. In February after a hard decision I decided to sell the car and body kit to a buddy which we just got everything mounted and went into paint this monday, I parted everything engine wise expect the Greddy FMIC with hard piping, Greddy Oil Cooler and relocation. I really just wanted to own my dream car which was GTR that would already have a mint exterior and running engine that I could enjoy through the summer then do the engine the following winter.

Here are a few pictures of my 1991 GTR that I decided to import and is now 2 weeks away from landing on my door step imported through jdmconnection.

The car is almost completely stock and just had all the major serving done timing belt, water pump, pullies etc.. It has tein coilovers, work rims, keyless entry, xenon lights, exhaust and some other things. And now for the parts waiting to be put on.

Tomei Titanium Exhaust, Work XD9 18x10 + 18

Greddy FMIC with hard piping, Greddy Oil cooler & relocation, Blitz Dual Solenoid boost controller.

TS style rear diffuser

DMAX Hood, AB Flug front lip, Bomex side skirts

And other small things. This is all so far, More updates will come when the car arrives soon.
    Last edited by garetth; 05-02-2013, 01:49 AM.

Comment

great choices on parts, looking foward for more.

Comment

I'm diggin' the parts selection so far...

Comment

Thanks, Can't wait to get them installed, Exhaust is the first thing going on

Comment

The exhaust look so gooodd ! You will certainly love your skyline !

Comment

Im a fan of the parts selections as well. Do you mind posting the auction sheet on that GTR? I am very interested in condition and prices paid, I will be going through that process soon too looking for a stock black GTR.
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

awesome build, sweet hood choice!
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/39993-infinity-skyline-r32-gts.html

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Car should be here next Monday or Tuesday hopefully! Got the tires mounted 265/35s

I'll try to find the auction sheet, It was an R grade because it had a full respray which I was assured is quality job but it already had the 100,000km major maintenance (water pump, pullies etc..) I paid 12-13g fully imported for it. Took awhile to find a quality black one, If you do decide to import I would recommend JDMconnection he did a good job.

Comment

Nice choice of parts! Going to be a hot car for surely.

Comment

Part 2

Picked up the car yesterday and took it home and started to work!

While picking the car up also noticed that it was rear ended or something during shipping, hopefully some sort of insurance covers. Dented rear quarter panel and a white scuff followed by 2 inch paint flakes. If not I'll touch up the area so it doesn't rust and hopefully my side skirt will cover it and the dent should be able to be pulled out.

Took it for a wash

Need to roll guards before lowering anymore. Came with coil overs which are TEIN CS (Comfort sport) They ride extremely well and can barely feel bumps, But might have to get rid of them if I can't go much lower though.

Swapped out the old shift boots and knob.

Also put the Tomei Ti exhaust on but didn't take any pictures was already getting dark, Will tomorrow when the diffuser is on.
                      Last edited by garetth; 05-17-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I want that feeling more than any other in the world, picking up my very first (running) Skyline fresh off the boat. Must feel good man.

And yeah I'm in the market for a black one too, auctions show prices are respectable for black 3.5-4 grade cars...all are stock too
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

It's defiantly one of the best feeling being able to have your dream car.

Comment

Part 3

Got the diffuser on.

Car came with the coil pack cover but I took it off to help cool the oil coils.

Also installed a pioneer deck.

That's all for now, Hopefully I will get the ABflug front lip on tomorrow, new spark plugs and the DMAX hood and bomex side skirts ready for paint.
                            Last edited by garetth; 05-18-2013, 02:46 AM.

Comment

The next day I ended up changing the spark plugs and getting the front lip on.

The next I fully detailed it with a Clay Bar, Polish, Seal then Wax.

Here is a random picture, hard parking

Comment

Working...
                              X