nlevi's Slow R32 GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nlevi's Slow R32 GTR Build

This is my 91 BNR32, I got it around October/November of 2012 from another member on GTRC actually. I'm sure you guy's have came by stella2. Anyway, it literally came with nothing special.
    What it came with when I first got it at 144,XXX Km's
    - 8K HID's
    - Tein Basic Coilovers
    - Older HKS turbo timer
    - Two HKS SSQV III's
    - 18x10.5 et25 Varrstoen BBS LM Replica's with 265/35/R18 Toyo performance tires.
    - Endless Brake Pads
    - Slotted and drilled front rotors, slotted rears.
    - Blitz Axle Back with Straight 3' piping from the down pipe back.
    That`s pretty much in for anything not OEM.

Here are some pictures I took of my car after I recently purchased a Canon 5D II, stepping up from the 60D was quite nice! Oh and please leave some input on my photos too if you could! Everything is taken on my 5D II with 24-105MM L lens and 60D with basic lens. I could share full wallpaper sized ones on request after watermarks and such

I`ll post the stuff I have bought for the car if I can find them! Little late into this build thread stuff since my money leans towards other things like electronics and what not

Since then I have got my car the following things..
    - x4 265/35/R18 Avid Envigor tires as the Toyo's came to it's end
    - x2 HKS SSQV 4 Bov's (Blow-off Valve)
    - x6 NGK Iridium spark plugs, regapped to 0.8mm from 1.1mm
    - x1 Brand new OEM Coil Pack Harness
    - x2 N1 Headlights (Pair)
    - Cusco Half Cage
    - Misc, LED Lights for cluster, reverse, dome and 6K HID's
    - Set of Varrstoen 2.2.1's in 18x9.5 et12 (TE Reps)
    - Set of Rota Grids in 17x9.5 et30 (TE Reps) Can't afford real wheels yet lol
    - Black Aluminium Nismo Shift Knob
    - Power steering pump since the original one died
    - OEM rad because the anklet on the top of the rad broke
    - Clasic Nardi Steering wheel and hub
    - Vertex Style Side Skirts
    - R32 Type M Rear Valences
    - R34 Nur Coilpack cover Garnish (It say's Skyline GT-R, rather than what the OEM R32's Twin Cam something)
    - CF Air Diversion Plate
    - 10w40 Oil changes with OEM Nissan Oil Filters, started with mobil1 and moved on to Royal Purple as I get a great deal on them.

My plans for this year to be honest is how it looks, my paint is rather rough. Clear coat fade and my both my quarter panels have some scratch along with a very minor dent from the scratch. My passenger quarter has a crack alone the groove of the quarter. So I plan on getting that fixed this year hopefully along with a paint job. I'm deciding in doing a respray on the metallic black or solid KH2 black, Red, R35 GTR blue, or the R32 deep pearl blue. As far as parts go I'd like some of my aesthetics first!

List of parts I would like to get this year
    - D-MAX Replica CF Hood (Painted to match car too hopefully as I'm not a fan of the CF hood look)
    - Top Secret Rear Diffuser Replica
    - Fujimura Rocket Dancer CF Spoiler Gurney
    - Fujimura Rocket Dancer CF Lip
    - Harness Bar
    - Cross bar to complete my half cage
    - Bride Bucket seats and rails
    - Air/Fuel gauge
    - Boost gauge
    - Pillar pod thing haha
    - 255/40/18 tires for the Varrstoen 2.2.1 along with a powder coat

As winter time hits I would really like to get the motor out to redo my gaskets and timing belts and such as I'm at 159,XXX KM's of course with the help of some good friends as I'm not the most mechanically inclined person. I straight rely on forums to do most my work LOL. With basic maintenance stuff aside, I'd really like to do a top mount single, but have yet to do some more research. I'm not aiming for crazy HP, looking for something closer to the 400-500HP area, hopefully I don't get side tracked with my money for stuff I would like to own such as a new laptop lol.

My car has recently crapped out this weekend and my post on the Tech forum is leading me to the alternator side, and something wrong with my HICAS, I know it's gotta go anyway but having a car that makes sounds and give me lights is sure annoying as hell. Anyway, thanks for reading! Hopefully I get some nice updates..
    Last edited by nlevi; 05-27-2013, 04:16 AM.

This is how my quarter looked before I started on seeing what was going down under those paint cracks..

You can see where the quarter wasn't really smooth, the main one along the body line was the worse part on the quarter, looked like body filler so I was a little worried to what I might see when it's down to the metal.. if there was any left!

I didn't get to the metal but I had enough to stick my nail under and I just picked it off as I was Sooooooo curious.. lol so far it looked like surface rust..

And here's the quarter after it was all sanded down.. not sure if it's supposed to look like this but everything after this area is rather smooth on the metal as to where the damage was is very rough and not as even.

Later that week I ended up selling my 17x9.5et30 rota grids.. so back on the 18x10.5et25 varrstoens :')

Also my gurney finally came in this week. Can't really put it on till I get my car painted soon.. the quarter panel at this moment has body filler on it and I have yet to sand it down to make it flushed with the body, but as soon as I can get that done i'll be ready to prep for paint sometime within two weeks? Also me and my mom are finding a new house. The current one we're looking at will have a garage so finally as soon as late fall hits the insides of this car should be cleaned up and ready for some new shiny stuff haha.

*edit not sure why my flickr pictures are a hit or miss.. if anyone has a better website to use to upload their photos and such please let me know! current pictures that can't show here are on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/everydaylevi/
    Last edited by nlevi; 06-28-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Follow you on Instagram! Love this car!

Comment

Late update, never on the computer!

Got my Fujimura CF spoiler flap/gurney, Top Secret Style diffuser, a stage 4 competition clutch, brand new set of BC racing coilovers Type BR, and different color scheme to change from the usual colors you see I guess, Andy`s Mint Green GTR is pretty neat, and I looked at the Midori Green from Honda at first but after sitting in Andys car I knew a bright color would never work for me. After looking around and thinking what would look good in my opinion was the army green. I got the idea from that one Army S14 Zenki I`m sure everyone knows and also from a guy on instagram Vader6 with his slammed matte army green z4. So ahead I went with that color, and instead of the usual green on black wheels or even white, i decided to go with gold which some of you guys might not like but I love it haha. I don't think I purchased anything different for this car actually. I'm looking into purchasing a different r32 gtr. Something more clean and I know that the quarter panels aren't busted or fixed up. My current GTR is looking very dim as far as parts go.. knowing I got a bit of Bondo on my passenger quarter is kind of depressing lol.. I`m super anal about that kind of stuff. Anyway, the new GTR is very clean besides a nickel sized dent on the passenger quarter panel and a dent on the passenger fender as well. It`s got a rebuilt motor, with r34 N1`s, r33 crank, some other goodies. If all goes through I`ll have it soon enough.

Without further stalling, here are some pictures I have gotten of my car recently (Also switched over to photobucket..hope it works better than flickr). Tell me what you guys think!!

This one was before I got the BC coilovers in, there`s quite a bit of wheel gap in the front!!

Now the front`s look like this!

Love the gurney :`)

booty shot before!

booty shot now!
        Last edited by nlevi; 09-03-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Car looks sick! If you dont mind me asking, where can u get the Fujimura CF spoiler flap?

Comment

Loving the diffuser, skirts and flap!

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Originally posted by gtrte37 View Post
              Car looks sick! If you dont mind me asking, where can u get the Fujimura CF spoiler flap?
              Thanks, I appreciate it! I ordered it from RHD japan, you should be able to find it under the brands Fujimura! It's about 800 shipped if I can recall! Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
                Loving the diffuser, skirts and flap!

sent from a galaxy far, far away
                Thanks!

Comment

Newest addition to the family.. lol I had a pathfinder for a little bit but that didn't stay too long.. (about 2 1/2 months) Almost stupid of me to trade a perfect winter car for another gtr lol. What can I say? I love these cars! Anyway, this one is fairly stock. 96,XXX KM's, Midnight blue passenger fender, black bumper, nismo floor mats, nardi steering wheel, trust/greddy turbo timer, some cobra radar thing, tial blow off valve, aluminium piping, big ass fmic, aluminium rad, wired for subs, aftermarket speakers(forgot what brand), a nice alpine deck , mint interior, HICAS lockout bar, 9/10 oem rims, 3" turbo back I believe, I don't remember what else was in this thing. Anyway, after buying the car I got the chance to lift this thing up. Who ever installed the HICAS lockout bar thought all the lines in the back that goes from that rear reservoir to the ETS pump and what not has removed it all and crimped the lines from the P/S pump to the rear rack? Anywho my AWD isn't going to work until I get those parts ordered and I was quoted about $220 CAD through Nissan at my Employee price. So that's not too bad but I'm still looking for used because I'm poor lol.

This is my old Nardi wheel from the Army GTR. He's got the smaller Nardi wheel with red stitching.

Can't wait till I get the front grey bumper, fender and grill... lol much thanks to GTRAWRRR or whatever the Minty GTR's user is on here. He's swapping me the bumpers and all from his project at home LOL. anywho I don't really got much updates.. #broke

Some more pictures-ish

Last edited by nlevi; 12-06-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I don't got too much updates.. love these cars to death but haven't found the extra dollar to be spending on parts and such like the other build threads.. Anyway, I sold my gunmetal GTR. The new owner had it resprayed white.. LOL So that's that..

Of course that gunmetal gtr was my only running one out of the two.. so I had to get the green one going. Thought no way in hell I'm doing a clutch job on the garage floor.. so okay whatever got it dropped off at Autodream.. got the stage 4 put in, everything is running like it should. I do need new spark plugs though as I sold the new spark plugs with my gunmetal gtr.. as well as my amber corners.. (fail)

As for that 180 on the driveway.. it's finally gotten some love, it's running now with the silvia front end and now has the complete origin lab kit on it.. waiting on bricks, gtr style grill, over fenders/fenders, big wing, dmax hood, wheels and paint.

Put back all my CF crap and body panels on and hung out with my friend who bought my old GTR. So my car looks the same as last years haha.

Comment

Sold my army gtr 3 months ago and bought a 2014 BRZ. I'll be back next year GTRC.. I have realized I had made a huge mistake. There just isn't a car that drives like the GTR. This time around a cleaner 94 32 gtr hopefully. Hopefully a vspec! Until then.. if anyone wants to follow what's going on with my brz my instagram is goob_y!

Bye for now!

Comment

Working...
                      X