Nimixes R32 GTR build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimixes R32 GTR build thread

Hey everyone! Figured I would start a build thread mainly for myself to keep track of my progress.

This is my first GTR and feel I have owned and worked on enough cars to deserve one. My previous car before this was a Jswapped EG6 (done by someone else). Before that I had an st184 celica with a 3SGTE swap in it. Both cars had issues relating to having the obscure engine swaps and I grew tired of sinking money into problems that wouldn't be presenting on a normal car. Regardless, both cars have helped learn an immense amount of knowledge and gave me the confidence to wrench my own vehicles.

After selling my EG6 in the summer of 2013 I snatched up one of the first (almost) stock GTRs I could find for sale in my area for $9000. The mods list includes:
    -unknown rims that are extremely beat up
    -compustar 2 way alarm auto start and turbo timer combo
    -apexi air intakes
    -rear tint which has now turned purple

Problems:
    -passenger side CV boot is completely torn
    -4wd front passenger side sensor error
    -hicas light
    -throwout bearing squeaking
    -cloth torn on drivers side seat
    -plastic "matchstick" piece broken off speedo cable
    -very slow brake line leak from passenger rear cable.

Aside from these minor issues the car is in pristine condition with absolutely no rust.

Plans include:
    -repair of hicas and 4wd issues
    -seat replacement
    -Axel replacement (too much dirt has gotten into the joint)
    -coilovers
    -my first set of very expensive rims (as a graduation present to myself)
    -4 point harness
    -new cluster with replacement speedo and upgrade dull lights to some white LEDs
    -custom leather shift boot, so sole cover and ebrake boot
    -timing belt change
    -flush all fluids
    -exhaust
    -tint
    -R33 brembo brakes with steel braided lines
    Last edited by nimixes; 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM.

I have been scouring these forums and my local classifieds for the parts I want to put on this car. I'm in school so my goal is to slowly accumulate parts as I find them for the right price. I managed to find some recaro seats that were in great condition for a good price in my area...

With these parts I picked up some steel braided brake lines for an r33 as well as some R33 brembos modified to fit an R32 from a member on here.

As far as exhaust I managed to find a decent deal on an HKS silent hi power exhaust as well as a cat test pipe.

The exhaust and cat delete gave me a slightly noticeable difference in power and a much better sound.
    Last edited by nimixes; 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

New test pipe! (No name)
      Also, as I'm sure some of you have noticed I plastidipped the rims black to see how much I would like them. They looked good but with the car on stock suspension black rims didn't really seem right. I then opted to paint the rims white but over sprayed the clear coat and they ended up turning yellow. I have decided to go back to black with duplicolor until I can afford my graduation present to myself. Here's a few shots of the paint process...
      Last edited by nimixes; 12-12-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

New axle and speed sensor arrived from 4x4 toys.

Comment

Working...
          X