booszilla's r32.4 build up and down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booszilla's r32.4 build up and down

i figured i might as well fully introduce myself on here with my car that ive had for a couple months now. first off i used to have a 180sx, bought it in 2007 owned it for four years, and sold it mid ls swap. ive regretted it ever since. so along the way i owned a few more cars, none that compared to that car. after talking to a good friend of mine and coworker who owned a gtr and gtst, and now has 3 skylines; i was convinced i wanted another nissan. after searching for the perfect s13 i found a gts4, picked up and sold it rather quick because i fell in love with the gtr i now own. when i picked up the car it wasnt running at all, would start, was told it had several running issues. the guy was selling it for quite a long time, i picked it up for a very reasonable price. and i figured worse came to worse i could part it out for more than i paid for it. seeing how it came with quite a few goodies. for those of you who havent seen my for sale thread yet, the car came with an r34 front end, xenon head lights, nismo bmper, everything was painted, a bit mismatched but painted. defi gauges which i dont want. sparco seats and harnesses. sparco steering wheel, hks coilovers, hks front mount intercooler. everything was powdercoated white in the engine bay. 3" exhaust. led tail lights. rear spats. side skirts which i have no idea of indentifying. the door panels rear panels and dash were re done in leather, not great but redone. the car needs alot of tlc but im seriously excited to own it.

heres a few pics

on the way home from edmonton

the front

nismo goodies

dat @$$

will post more later as i have already made some progress on the car, but ill save that and get more pics

Vroom. Can't wait tell she's done

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    1990 gtr .... in need of axle and some tlc
    1990 gtst 4 door, slammed, 2 toned, and fun.

Comment

no pics to post at this point. kind of disgruntled after working on the car over the weekend. maybe someone can chime in and put in their $.02. but so heres where I am at.

so basically when I got the car. mafs weren't plugged in and we found that to be a huge issue of no start. changed the plugs, found pools of water that corroded the coil packs, changed those, cleaned it out. fixed a wire on the cas. chased open and loose vacuum lines. took the intake plenum off since it was loose! reinstalled that, tighted all the couplers on the car since those were all loose. and now we have no start. possible from flooding engine and deadish battery. but no tach signal and the temp gauge either flys to red or doesn't move when starting?

Comment

I also took a bunch of wiring and stuff out of the car. the defi gauges and wiring. maybe the wiring from the water temp sensor was affected? also the ecu has a bunch of scotch locks from stuff being tied in. it had a fcon v pro before I bought it.

Comment

long time since ive updated this, at a bit of a stand still from moving car to its current location. having an issue with starting the car. cranks but wont fire. any help from the gurus? new plugs, changed coils, igniter is good. tested ecu its fine. its got a new battery might be deadish.... but cranks no problem. maybe a ground? still no tach signal whatsoever tho, any ideas where to start looking?

Comment

Gonna update even tho it seems like this forum is pretty dead. But I changed the cad and battery and voila. She runs perfect. Even did a compression test. 130-135 across the board. Got a couple loose ends to tie up but I took her for a test drive where I blew a hot pipe off! Still have no tach signal. And the tail lights light up with the lights but no brake lights. As well as I've got a left signal light on solid. And no heat coming out of the vents but the hvac is on and works.

Comment

I guess the Facebook page is stealing all the action.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

or there just isnt that much interest in a average r32.4 when real 34s are readily available
                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I guess haters gonna hate

Comment

Glad to see you got it running! Looks like you have your work cut out for you, but it's a GT-R so it'll always have potential!

Comment

It's not that the forum is dead. It's more than the attention is all for R34 where the 32 is meh to most of us. Most of the builds are similar to the others that have happened over the 25 years of the 32 so some people don't care to look at every single thread.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I check the new posts every few hours(cause i'm bored/etc.) so i see your thread every time don't worry.

Congrats on getting the car running being such a simple fix, and the tach signal could be as simple as a dead tach board.
                        If you wanna check your tach wire on the ecu, it is the 7th pin below the bolt in the center, a yellow and red wire(provided all r32 ecu pinouts are the same as early gen, mines a 90). I was having issues with my tach and i ended up going to crappy tire grabbing a 30$ tach to wire in and return. Found out my tach board had died and ended up replacing it from another cluster. Works great now. Reason i didn't just replace the cluster is i have a nice nismo cluster.

Comment

Working...
                        X