Nismo Nick's GTR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nismo Nick's GTR build

Well time to move onto bigger and better things, most of you know me and my gtst, which is for sale now.
    Since some serious progress is underway i figured its time to post up a build thread!
    a month ago the thought of selling my Gtst and my 240 was never even in the question, then for some ****** up reason i had this idea to get into a gtr. so i posted up my 240 for sale and that same night it was basically sold to Mr. Kyle Biring and i was on my way to finding a GTR...Then i posted the skyline up for sale and mentioned that i wanted a gtr, I don't even think it was the next day when i had a message saying Charles Wong might have a gtr that he would entertain selling. So a couple emails later and a trip down to Richmond i told him i would take it!
    here she was

it was possibly the longest weekend of my life, waiting for Monday to come around so i could pick it up!
    borrowed a friends car trailer and my dads truck and off we went.. and of course it had to be snowing on this day...

..4 hours later we had the engine and tranny in the back of the truck along with the engine crane, drivers seats, carpet, clutches exhaust you name it. and the car loaded on the trailer which was also **** packed with the rear seats, interior paneling, front bumper and even more parts.

literally cant thank the bros enough that helped out and of course, Charles, for hanin out in the cold and helping us load everything up also making sure i had all the parts i needed!

Made it home safe and unloaded the car into the garage along with all the parts and laid everything out ready to be worked on.

So moving onto the engine, the main focus of this build for the time being..

After doing a compression test, i found out that the motor was well on its way out and i could not run it in the condition it was in. so after lots of thinking and planning, i started to strip the motor down..
    turbos off, wow what a bitch those things are, i couldn't imagine working on them with the motor in the car.

intake side off, i plan on deleting every water line except for the heater core and rad hoses. ditching the oil to water hear exchanger and using an rb20 oil filter pedestal as a replacement. an oil cooler is in future plans

And after a couple more nights of casual car work we had the motor striped right down to the bare bones.

And off the the machine shop it went today..

Now heres where the good stuff starts!
    engine build

-Block decked and hot tanked
    -CP pistons, 86.5mm
    -Manley H beam rods
    -ACL race bearings
    -Crank snout modified and collar fitted, balanced
    -N1 oil pump
    -N1 water pump
    -New timing components

-ARP head studs

-Cometic 1.3mm gasket

-deck the head
    -full valve regrind
    -re shim buckets if necessary
    -oem valve stem seals.
    -supertech bronze valve guides
    -tomei pon cams 260. 9.15 lift
    -full oem engine gasket set

-AEM ems V2
    -ID 1000's
    -twin walbro 400 E85
    -FPR and rail.
    -Borg Warner 8875
    -3'' hard piping kit.
    -4'' intercooler

As for the car its got some nice parts aswell.
    its a 1993 with 107,000 kms

-tien coilovers,
    -strut bars
    -sound dedening removed
    -Volk 17x9 / 255/40
    -nismo side skirts
    -nismo spats
    -nismo rear lip
    -seibon carbon hood and carbon aerocatch hood pins
    -wiring tuck in the engine bay and fuse box relocation.
    -abs delete and will wood bias vavle
    Last edited by nick-nismo; 08-13-2014, 12:58 AM.
    Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Congrats on the find! Looks like all the hard work is done (ie buying expensive parts) so you should have a blast putting it all together.

Comment

Nice buddy.. I was wondering if you had found something..

looks like a good place to start for sure.
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Well for the most part buying parts is done yeah, the entire engine build is on me though not bad though since it's a good base to work off!

And thanks Ben! And thanks for all the info you supplied me on the importing and what not it was really useful

Comment

well i officially sold my Gts-t yesterday so now this build can move forward! All the motor parts should be here by the end of next week (they were ordered a few weeks back) once they get here i can send the pistons to the machinist so he can bore the block, as well as rebuild the head with the new valve stem seals and super tech valve guides and of course the Tomei pon cams!

I decided to go with the BW S362 8875, so im hoping to squeeze at least 650Wheel out of her with not too much lag. hoping for boost to come in around the 4800 mark,

Also going to get the AEM ems v2, my tuner seems to like the system and knows how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
            well i officially sold my Gts-t yesterday so now this build can move forward! All the motor parts should be here by the end of next week (they were ordered a few weeks back) once they get here i can send the pistons to the machinist so he can bore the block, as well as rebuild the head with the new valve stem seals and super tech valve guides and of course the Tomei pon cams!

I decided to go with the BW S362 8875, so im hoping to squeeze at least 650Wheel out of her with not too much lag. hoping for boost to come in around the 4800 mark,

Also going to get the AEM ems v2, my tuner seems to like the system and knows how to use it.
            Solid

Comment

This car makes me wanna hop on the gun metal color band. Can't decide what color to go. Looks great, good luck with your build!

Comment

Nice build! Looking forward to seeing how that Borg Warner performs. I have some Bosche 044's I'd sell if you're still looking

Comment

Nice build keep updating

Comment

well finally after a month of waiting the parts are here!

also picked up this intercooler kit and found some time to install it.

Full hicas delete and adjustable rear arms.

Comment

Nice parts list man. What kind of manifold is that?

Comment

how much is the motor build going to cost just of curiousity for future reasons if you don't mind me asking and rambling on this stupid long sentence slash question

Comment

uhm machining is going to cost 1200 - 1500 probably, and im going to assemble the entire motor as well. and then cost of parts on what ever you decide to run.
                          my guess all said and done with the new turbo set up, ecu, tune, engine, injectors, ect; around 10k.

Comment

Atta boy...welcome to the world of stupid hook and go. Looks like lots of time to have her all sorted out for the Skymeet in Kelowna.

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Bumping this back up,
                              Lots of progress has been made, I was on a huge hold up due to the machine shop taking absolutely forever to finish up.
                              Picked up the block about 2 weeks ago and dressed that while I waited for them to finish my head, re lapping my valves and installing new hardware.

We'll much has happened since I picked up my head from the machine shop on Friday night.
                              Assembled the motor that night, then dressed it the following days with accessories. Then on Tuesday we dropped her into place.

Os gieken lock tighted on

And now this is where it sits now,

All that needs to be done now is, turbo oil feed, ls2 coilpack wiring, a bit more work to the exhaust mani and fab up a downpipe
                              Last edited by nick-nismo; 06-27-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X