My 1989 R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1989 R32 GTR

Well after some upsetting compression test results last September after I bought it, I decided to tear into my '89 R32 GTR.
    This would be my first build with these type of cars as I used to be more into domestics and such, but anyways.
    After battling misfires, and rough running I ran a comp test last season with results of 160 160 159 160 80 60
    Parked the car and began tear down. There was some questionable work done to this car so I pulled the engine and trans and tore down completely. Dont have a lot of pictures of the tear down and not many of the build back up. As it happened over the winter and when I got new parts I was excited to install and not take pics.
    Long story short, when I pulled the head apart I had smashed valve keepers on cylinders 5 and 6 on intake side. Valve lash was too tight causing major valve float on the dyno. And my exhaust cam was 5* out. Got that all straightened out, learned a lot about degreeing and assembly on the RB26. Had stock 25 yr old valve springs plus a valve grind, with Type B cams, probably not so good my guess is it was over-revved. Replaced with Tomei Type A springs (recommended for my lift) and ferrea titanium intake valves. Exhausts were new when I pulled apart.
    Did and ABS removal while I was in there, and a few other things to neatened the bay area. Overall I am fairly happy with the way things turned out. Still some street/idle tuning to do, then onto the dyno for WOT tuning.

Info/Parts list:

•Garrett 2860-5 turbos
    •HKS Dumps
    •4” koyo Intercooler
    •Race bearings
    •ACL eagle rods
    •ARP head studs
    •CP forged pistons 87 mm
    •CP clips
    •CP rings
    •Cosworth head gasket
    •Protex water pump
    •N1 oil pump
    •Tomei type B cams
    •M’s intake
    •780 cc injectors
    •AEM E85 fuel pump
    •Apexi power FC ECU
    •HKS EVC
    •4” HKS hi-power exhaust
    •OS Giken Twin plate clutch
    •AHR Adjustable cam gears
    •HKS piping
    •Spit fire star flag SE-DIS-001 Coil packs
    •SR Jasma down pipe
    •Decked
    •Honned
    •Pistons/clips fitted
    •Ferrea Titanium Valves
    •Tomei type A springs
    •Polished crank
    •Magnaflux block and crank
    •Port and polished
    •Carbon fiber Seibon hood
    •Carbon fiber Nismo lip
    •Carbon fiber Nismo trunk lip
    •Nismo 320km cluster
    •Brembro front breaks
    •N1 head lights
    •Blidz 17” rims
    •Front and rear strut bars
    •Tein control master type flex coilovers with electronic dampening control
    •Schorth 4 point harness
    •N1 shift boot/ ebrake boot
    •Apexi side skirts
    •All black interior

Sure I am missing lots but that's mostly the major things.

[IMG][/IMG]

Assembly

Complete car pictures keep in mind I don't have my wide summers on, and suspension hasn't been set up yet.

Last edited by Owen18; 04-25-2014, 12:40 AM.

Pictures no workie...

You better be at Skymeet this year.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Pictures fixed sorry about that

Sure will Jon

Comment

Nice...looks good.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Nice looking car

Comment

Very nice car, if I may ask, I see you have 4 guages on pillar. Did you use 2 double pods or where did you find a 4 guage a pillar pod? Also looking for a glove compartment guage setup like that, I know hks makes one. Getting harder to find r32 stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Grettar1 View Post
              Very nice car, if I may ask, I see you have 4 guages on pillar. Did you use 2 double pods or where did you find a 4 guage a pillar pod? Also looking for a glove compartment guage setup like that, I know hks makes one. Getting harder to find r32 stuff.
              Thanks man! Its a double pod and I have two of them it looks good inside. Yeah hks electronics is the only one I know of. It came in my car from Japan I'm not sure where you could source one? Maybe eBay or something?

Comment

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X