No announcement yet.

1990 BNR32 from the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after a month, I finally got my car back! The first glass from Rivsu broke during shipping, was determined that is was Fedex's fault so money was refunded to me no problem. I found a rear clip on ebay for sale in Montreal, contacted them about just selling me the glass which they did luckily and did a very good job of packaging it and shipped it freight so there was no issues with it breaking. Finally getting to drive it again!

After the glass shop pulled the old glass, they found some holes from water damage, so obviously the window was leaking at some point and why the previous owner in Japan tried sealing it off. Had a local body shop repair and seal the holes, hopefully won't create too many issues in the future but we'll see...But all back together now and it looks so much better!! Even let the wifey drive it for the first time, she was pumped!

Comment

I had my r32 Gtr years ago ( I'm in the states as well finally in a r34 Gtr now) before they were around and legal and I busted my rear window taking out the wiper. Nightmare. I went 6 months without a back window 3 different ones broke in shipping at one point I had almost 3500 bucks out for Windows. Finally got one out of Cali and PayPal and fedex to cover the broken ones but it took some time. Nice 32 don't see that color often.
      91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

Originally posted by GTR203 View Post
        I had my r32 Gtr years ago ( I'm in the states as well finally in a r34 Gtr now) before they were around and legal and I busted my rear window taking out the wiper. Nightmare. I went 6 months without a back window 3 different ones broke in shipping at one point I had almost 3500 bucks out for Windows. Finally got one out of Cali and PayPal and fedex to cover the broken ones but it took some time. Nice 32 don't see that color often.
        Wow!! I got a little nervous after the first one showed up in pieces and having read other stories like yours online, so I talked to the place I got this one from about how the first one was packaged and that they needed to really look after how it is packaged and shipped. So this is what they came up with and shipped it freight so that way it would never really be handled.

Comment

The one that I got in once peice they actually made a foam mold and it for inside a 2ft wide peice of huge foam
          91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

Working...
          X