ECU with z32 mafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU with z32 mafs

Hey guys, I recently got my hands on a Apexi intake with the z32 mafs on them. I was wondering if I had to grab a new ECU (Apexi Power FC or HKS) and map the intakes for that or could I keep the standard ECU and have that remapped.
    Off of a r32 GTR.

Thanks,

Good question.
    I would suspect YES as I'm guessing the values that your Z32 MAFs will send the ecu are different from the oem MAFs.
    You could try the MAF test as described in the service manual on both MAFs to compare the values as a means of confirming.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Ha, I just picked up some Z32 MAF's as well. I believe you do have to re-map the ECU to use these. I'm using a PFC and the Z32 MAF is an option on the menu but the tune then still needs to be adjusted to account for the different voltage map of the new MAF's.

Total newb question here: What did other Z32 MAF users do to fit the larger Z32 MAF to the RB intake piping? ie: between the turbo inlet and the MAF - I have some adapters to fit the larger mafs to my filters. I could pick up some silicon or rubber transitions or make some intake pipes but wondering what others have done ...
      Pistol packin Monkey drinkin no money bum

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
        Good question.
        I would suspect YES as I'm guessing the values that your Z32 MAFs will send the ecu are different from the oem MAFs.
        You could try the MAF test as described in the service manual on both MAFs to compare the values as a means of confirming.
        Hope this helps.
        Alright, Thanks! I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks for the help! Think the Apexi is better than the HKS ecu? For me, the Apexi Power intake actually came with the full piping kit from the maf to the inlet. Not sure if that answers your question though haha.

Comment

I have a PFC because it was a really good deal at the time. There is a tremendous amount of online support and experience out there. The down side is that it's very dated. Vipec and Halteck would be the two I'd be looking at if I was to upgrade.

I believe the best ecu is the one your tuner recommends. That way he/she is likely to be well versed in how to use that ecu and the tuning software associated with it.

Comment

Working...
          X