HKS EVC help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS EVC help

Well, I know it has probably been covered before but I have no idea where to start connecting my HKS EVC ez2 (v.4).

I've searched here, google, yahoo, youtube, etc and can't seem to get specifics on the installation with the RB26. I'm reading all this stuff about plenums and actuators and valves and solenoids and now what seemed like a really simple install is confusing the heck out of me.

Does anyone have a detailed install instruction with or without pictures for where an electronic boost controller gets installed (of any brand I guess). Nobody seems to know if the factory solenoid needs to stay or go or where to put lines because there's more than one option and I'm just looking for a no BS set of instructions. Or, can someone just take 3 pictures to show all the connections?

Get rid of the factory boost selonoid and plug off lines. Unhook wastegates and plug lines that feed them or loop them to join each other. Run new lines to wastegates off the evc. Take a vacuum line from the brake booster/master cylinder. Take your other vacuum line from small hose that feeds the stock boost gauge (driver side firewall). Best to locate the evc close to the wastegates. There's other ways to do it but that's what I did. If you ever want to go back to stock all lines are intact

Comment

Thanks for the reply. More questions...

So when you say "run new lines to wastegates off the evc"... do both wastegates get split between one port on the evc?

When you say "take a vacuum line from the brake booster/master cylinder" do you mean to split the line and send one half to evc?

Same with the boost gauge line... I split it, right?

Sorry if I seem ignorant but I need this broken down kindergarten style. Another forum showed switching lines on the other side of the engine bay, turbo 1 actuator and some vacuum lines over there...

Comment

Originally posted by gymkhanaJOSH View Post
        Thanks for the reply. More questions...

So when you say "run new lines to wastegates off the evc"... do both wastegates get split between one port on the evc?

Yes one port on the evc, you need to tee or y the line to hit both wastegates

When you say "take a vacuum line from the brake booster/master cylinder" do you mean to split the line and send one half to evc?

Yes cut a tee into that and feed the larger port on the evc. There's a check valve on that line so you want to do that before the check valve.

Same with the boost gauge line... I split it, right?

Yes another tee in that line

Sorry if I seem ignorant but I need this broken down kindergarten style. Another forum showed switching lines on the other side of the engine bay, turbo 1 actuator and some vacuum lines over there...
        Yeah I messed around trying to do it that way but I couldn't fit my hands under the intake to mess with those vacuum lines. Pm me your email and I'll send pics

Comment

Working...
        X