Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on upgrading my fuel system to up the power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on upgrading my fuel system to up the power?

I have a stock bottom end BNR32.
    The prior owner installed unknown HKS cams (not the v-cam set up).
    HKS turbos/intercooler piping (i have to look a the turbines again to see which exact ones).
    Full exhaust.
    Running on an AEM V2 with MAF deletes.
    I'm going to get it retuned, add flex fuel to be able to run e85, it has no power below 4K, and I'm going to shoot for a more linear power band without swapping the turbos/cams while turning up the power.
    Also, does not run well at higher elevations, so that will be addressed as well.
    I think I'll be able to hit 500-550 hp safely if I upgrade some fuel components.
    The working plan is to add 1100 ID injectors, walbro 400 lph pump (e85 compatible), and a nismo fuel pressure regulator.
    Can anyone chime in here and give me some feedback on my goals and my shopping list?

Thanks in advance!

Just hotwire that pump and you will be fine. Those pumps have gone to 600whp on E85 for quite a while now. Dont sweat the "no power" below 4000rpms....there aint any with RB26s...lol. I adjusted my driving habits and had no regrets with 700+whp and no power below 4k. You just gotta wring it out a bit.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Thanks man. Parts are already installed and the car is with a tuner.

Comment

So the car is done. This is my 1st GTR and I thought I prepped the fuel system but honestly never read about the lines being too small for my power goals. Made 494 whp/351 tq at 21.5 psi, 300 ftlbs at 4500 on e72. Tuner said that was the end of line due to fuel delivery, believes the lines are too small.

Comment

Working...
        X