Autobahn aluminum suction kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobahn aluminum suction kit.

this afternoon i took all my intake piping off on my car and was fitting in all the new pieces figuring out what needs to be changed around etc. On the front turbo, the oil feed line (steel line) it is in the way of the Air in pipe for the back turbo. Should i just reshape the steel line or replace it with a new one or a braided line for this.

Next was the power steering resivior.
    The kit comes with a couple brackets to mount this piece in place, Im just curious to what other members have done for this part. Should I cut the factory mounts off the resivoir or leave them on.

This shouldnt be too hard to figure out but just wanted any good advice from people who have already installed theirs or who are in the process of.

PM JD74 (i think thats his screen name. hes the guy with the red GTR with black wheels in his avatar). he might be able to help you.
    WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
    (OO)______(OO)
    Originally posted by Snow
    Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

Damn... The hks kit fit perfectly.

Did the pieces come with instructions to show you how to modify/install their stuff? Send the seller and email and tell him to explain what needs to be done to have the right fit. Nothing like buying something for your car that's meant for another...
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

The general consensus is that kit is **** and needs major fabrication work to make it fit.

Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by cbileske View Post
          this afternoon i took all my intake piping off on my car and was fitting in all the new pieces figuring out what needs to be changed around etc. On the front turbo, the oil feed line (steel line) it is in the way of the Air in pipe for the back turbo. Should i just reshape the steel line or replace it with a new one or a braided line for this.

Next was the power steering resivior.
          The kit comes with a couple brackets to mount this piece in place, Im just curious to what other members have done for this part. Should I cut the factory mounts off the resivoir or leave them on.

This shouldnt be too hard to figure out but just wanted any good advice from people who have already installed theirs or who are in the process of.
          hey man i have the instructions from autobahn88 if you want them let me know ill e-mail them to you...its really basic and fits perfectly...i dont know why people complain about this kit its not that bad
          Fraser Valley Imports.ca
          (The Detailer)
          We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
          Car Project: In The Making

Comment

Not majour work....and I am sure HKS are great....just NOT for me.

For $1500++ vs. $300....I'll take the time to make it work....that, and I am getting every resevoir REMADE by RIPS to clean up the engine bay a bit and move things away from heat.

You be an idiot (not anyone in particular.....so don't get bent out of joint about that comment) and spend over $1,500 on pipes and I will take that same money and put it elsewhere.

Just like everything else around here, the JDM Fanbois are blinded with crap.

I send an Challenge, rather an OPEN INVITATION to ANY ALBERTA/BC Built Twin Turbo R32 GT-R (not imported as complete...meaning, got here nearly stock). You bring your receipts, I will bring mine and we will race.

I will have the fastest Twin Turbo R32 GT-R in Western Canada and not only be atleast a second FASTER than my predicted competition........I will be $10,000 UNDER your budget.

Chew on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeviantRebel442 View Post
              ..i dont know why people complain about this kit its not that bad
              BECAUSE RETARDS TRY TO INSTALL IT LIKE A GREDDY KIT......when infact it's an HKS knockoff.

Pretty BIG difference.

HKS (Autobahn88 last pic)

GREDDY...

HHmm....wonder where the resevoir is in those pics ? eh ?

Comment

Yeah its a pretty good fitting kit, but just the resivoir needs to be moved to the front and the front turbo intake pipe interferes a little bit with the back of the PS pump. It was either I bought this kit for 280 bucks or built my own, this is far less of a headache. I know i wouldnt be buying a 1300 kit.

Comment

I hear ya Allan, but don't say you'll have the fastest twin turbo in western canada. You never know. I'm not either, my car is a rust bucket with stock turbos. I know 2 supras in town that half 1/4 of your budget that would lay waste to a 600hp gtr... Anyways, there's no need to ride the high horse. In the end, your low-budget supercar will be just that, but still fast!
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

Comment

Fastest Twin'd R32 GT-R.....(I should have been more specific)

It's not that I wanna ride the high horse......I just think there is more than one way to skin a cat.....and the way that most of us have been doing it in the 'Hot Rod' marketplace has really worked.

I appologize that I lash out, it's just I feel that my decisions are being made for me by way of 'JDM Scare Tactics' in the marketplace.

I built my first 'bling' vehicle when I was 17 (yes, 17 years ago...lol) and I spent too much on show - and not even close to enough on go. I learned my lessons quickly when all I had was a dead-horse 350/TH350 powered S-10 Lowrider with a ton of chrome. The next S-10 I built was an LT-1/4L80E Monster with no real flash to speak of, but was in a similar budget (I couldn't afford a real muscle car at the time...lol).

I learned quickly where the money should go if you want performance......and fancy polished aluminium piping was not one of them.

Comment

S-10, ouch... my first tire burner was an 89 5L LX rustang. $350 got me 480 crank hp lol and a whole lot of no traction...

As for fastest R32 gtr, isn't mcfly building a 1000hp twin gtr? My $60k rusty gtr won't see over 650hp sadly...
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

Comment

Mcfly is going Single......and I want nothing to do with his car at the track if it makes it to the end of his 'Projected' build....lol

I am staying Low Mount Twins....lol

No big secret. Garrett 2871's @ 1.6+ BAR.......but I will put a fair chunck of money into the head as well and hopefully with the right Cam choices and the right porting I can hit my goal on C-16 of 800+ WHP, with a safer 550+ WHP Tune for 91 octane for the street (as I don't want to tune for anything higher incase I can't get it when filling up...ie. Mohawk 94, other 93 stuff etc.).

Comment

ok, so i got the piping mostly installed now, went to put the MAF's and intakes on and they dont seem to fit with what is supplied. My kit came with the 2 maf adaptors which are exactly the same as each other, in the pictures it looks like the one is shorter which would make sense and it would install that way, also no where in the instructions does it say anything about removing the washer fluid resivoir, but in the pics it is gone and in place where the battery sits. Im thinking about just getting a longer straight coupler for the front intake (lower one) to push it further into the fender and then the top intake will sit a little lower allowing the hood to close.

Did anyone else run into this while installing this kit?

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post

I will have the fastest Twin Turbo R32 GT-R in Western Canada and not only be atleast a second FASTER than my predicted competition........I will be $10,000 UNDER your budget.

Chew on that.

no you won`t.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
                              HHmm....wonder where the reservoir is in those pics ? eh ?
                              the power steering and wiper reservoir fit fine with the greddy kit.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                              X