water and meth kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water and meth kits

I am currently working over the winter on my rebuild. I am considering the water meth kit. Is anyone using it? How do you like it? Is anyone using it on a stock setup/stock turbos?

Thanks

it's a temporary solution to needing better gas.

Comment

I thought I would need it but Mohawk 94 keeps my car happy at 1.2 bar. Ran 127mph in the 1\4 mile like that, that`s about 550hp. At 1.5 bar on the street I found that 1 gallon of Tolulene is all I need to keep things from going boom. Tune is VERY agressive and not over-rich, 1.5 bar and 33 deg. of timing with 780 deg.C on the EGT and only a 35 count on the knock.

edit: stock turbos you need it big time if you want to go over 1 bar. Andrew at Ztune ran 1.6 bar with stock turbos (with a stand alone and cams) and water/meth and made 470ish at the wheels. Others have run 1.2 bar for a very long time with it and the turbos survived just fine.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I use it as well with 2 injectors in the plenum with 94 chevron gas, it keeps intake charge cooler, less chance of pre det, you can turn up the boost more & lets you advance timing. In my situation it was installed before my final tune after break-in of my new engine and i dont think its a temporary fix for higher octane gas i think its a good upgrade and piece of mine for anyones car.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
          Or, you could say that it's a good way of making good gas better, more detonation resistant, reducing engine and turbo temp and wear, and keeping your engine free of deposits!

It's not quite as effective as C16 race gas in terms of pure HP potential, but it works very very well! In most cases, it will allow you to run 6-8PSI more boost than you could on pump gas. We have many customers with cars running 1.6-1.8bar (24-28PSI) on PUMP gas with Water/Meth injection.

The injected water/meth mixture:
          • Raises effective octane, increasing detonation resistance
          • Cools the intake charge, allowing for higher boost without excessive EGTs
          • Steam-cleans carbon deposits off your pistons and valves.
          • Increases fuel delivery (methanol) to your cylinders, allowing a lower fuel injector duty cycle when tuned correctly.
          • Allows more aggressive timing in the tune (but not as agressive as with C16).

We have dozens of customers using the AEM kit on Skylines (GT-Rs & GTS-Ts), 300ZXs, 240SXs, and twin-turbo 350Zs and G35s. It works well on everything turbo! AEM KIT.

The AEM kit is the one we use most, although we work with Snow Performance and Aquamist as well.
          FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
          - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post

Hmmm...Why temporary? Ive been using water/meth on my last two turbo cars for the past three years with 20+ psi with 92 octane with no issues whatsover. The current car out down 449rwhp with 92 octane and 50/50 water meth mix at 18psi. Have since bumped it to 21psi with no hint of detonation at all. This is a non forged motor. I am running an AEM kit.
            1970 240z, RB26DETT, Gt2860r-5's ,300zxtt 5spd,WCR Cv axles, ACT 6 puck clutch, LSD, 3" SS exhaust,porsche 996 brakes front, 944 turbo rears, coilovers, illuminas, meth injection, 444.9 RWHP @18psi
            Best 1/4: 11.8@111mph

Comment

Don't question Mcfly, he's right, put race gas in your commuter car.

I on the other hand will be using the AEM kit in my overpriced grocery cart cause I rather spend stupid amounts money on red brakes that are crappier than OEM than using race gas to power shift!!!
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

full rebuild engine with stock ems. can i run 1 bar safely on stock turbos?

Comment

water meth worth every penny. Race gas cost to much. Meth is an easy and cheap solution and you will feel the difference once you get it tuned, you will see the difference in the numbers your running too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                    Tune is VERY agressive and not over-rich, 1.5 bar and 33 deg. of timing with 780 deg.C on the EGT and only a 35 count on the knock.
                    Jon.
                    33 deg.!!! Holy shnikes!
                    Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Working...
                    X