How good are Tomei Dump pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are Tomei Dump pipe?

Is it worth the high price of those pipes?

Anyone dynoed their car before and after? Thanks!
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

I bought a pair, some people just port the stock dumps. Not sure if its worth the 600$USD price tag. I've come to a conclusion (after all my reading!) that port matching is pretty important but if you go from small to big its better then big to small.

Comment

Stock dumps are fine if ported unless you find a used Tomei set. Save your $600 and get a better oil pump or supporting mods.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        Stock dumps are fine if ported unless you find a used Tomei set. Save your $600 and get a better oil pump or supporting mods.
        Agreed!! Thats a much better way to look at it.

Comment

i think you guys are underestimating upgraded dump pipes..
          i would expect a big difference over stock, but you say, all it needs is a port? any more info on this "port"
          the stock dumps seem so small.. at higher boost they would become restrictive due to the overall volume it can flow.

If that's the case i would buy a china made dump pipe.

Comment

Probably not a bad idea to get larger pipes as long as everything that follows in your exhaust is atleast 3 inch

Comment

I heard that your better with OEM if you go with cheap china replica. So, I prefer to get the real sh*t or nothing.

But, this is a futur upgrade, I will be looking for used set ( Actually, there,s someone selling a pair on the forum)

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

And you save about 15 pounds.
                1990 Nismo GtR #283
                354hp - 292 ft-lbs
                -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by EtienneGignac View Post
                  15 pounds difference from OEM dump pipes to A/M? are you thinking DOWN pipe?
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                    I heard that your better with OEM if you go with cheap china replica.
                    have you actually seen the OEM pipe!!!! its terribly small, the cheap china pipes will out flow that OEM pipe even if half of it was blocked off! LOL theirs no real science in the dump pipe.

Originally posted by EtienneGignac View Post
                    In actuality you probably save about 3-4 lbs. total

Comment

I would have to confirm, but I've got a set of R34 dumps I won't be needing. They are a little bigger than R32, and I'm pretty sure they are stainless.
                      Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                      Next question is: should I stroke it??
                      Originally posted by Wingnut
                      Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Please confirm !

Comment

Ok I went and checked them out. They are R34 dumps, and aren't cast like the stock R32. Found some pics to compare them to, I don't know how much bigger they are than stock but it seems to be a popular upgrade on SAU.

Here are the best two pictures I could find of the stock ones (thanks NismoS-tune and frankiman)

and here is a picture of what mine look like (pic is from SAU)

Mine come with the heat shield wrapped around them, if your interested in pictures of mine, or a price, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Edit: I should also add that R34 dumps accept a different O2 sensor so you might need to get an adaptor that threads into the bung. I'm not sure if mine are adapted or if I have R34 sensors, and I've never seen the stock stuff in person.
                          Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                          Next question is: should I stroke it??
                          Originally posted by Wingnut
                          Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Will PM you. Just wondering if a custom exhaust shop could do something cheaper and as good as those a/m dump pipe!

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                              Will PM you. Just wondering if a custom exhaust shop could do something cheaper and as good as those a/m dump pipe!
                              You're building a car that's gonna make some mild so careful where you cheap out. IMO If you want something better than stock just get something proven with R&D like R34 outlets or tomei outlets and call it a day, no head scratching questions, no "was it built right" just buying a proven product. I'm sure you could get a dirt cheap set (R34, HKS, Mines or tomei) under $500. A custom shop could build you a set but it's not engineered or has R&D that's comparable to the big name companies.

If tomei is selling you a part, you know you're getting some of the best. They wouldn't sell you crap just to make money because they want returning business but also trust from buyers. If tomei says something their selling is top notch, I barely think twice. Maybe I'm clueless but I trust what the gurus say.

If you're thinking cheap, you'd be safer with OEM and save your peanuts for some kickass tuning. than "built from a custom shop that welded up some pipes/flanges for you that looks like they will flow well", then again, it's just pipe .

This is my opinion. In the end, Top secret, RIPS, Mine's all started as custom...
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X