mounting floating CAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting floating CAS

does anyone know how to mount the CAS without the cam gear/timing belt cover?
    do i need spacers? and where can i get them?

thx
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

when you take off the timing belt cover.. on the hole for the cas there is a rubber seal, it has 3 spacers in it. take that out and place it inbetween the cas and the mount. if you run without this you will put enough pressure on the cas when tight that it will break.
    Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
    --------------------------------

Comment

what he said, i learnt from experience. thank god my AMA covered my 50km tow home....

Comment

heres the thing, next summer i'll go back for a second dyno tune

and i'll have an ajustable cam gear on the intake side by then

but taking the timing belt cover on/off repeatadly during the tune, for adjustments, would cost ALOT of money in labor (time)

so all i need, is a solution to be able to work on the intake cam gear freely,
        its a 20min drive to, and 20min back from the dyno
        dyno tune is max 2hrs

my other idea was to buy a used cover, cut out the intake cam gear portion, and voila
        but again, it costs money to buy a cover, only to cut it up..
        sigpic

Comment

just use the seal out of the cover and you'll be fine. my cas lasted a couple of months before it crapped out with no spacing.

Comment

k thx
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregzilla View Post
              just use the seal out of the cover and you'll be fine. my cas lasted a couple of months before it crapped out with no spacing.
              mine lasted 2km. snapped the shaft. thank god i was covered by the "Buddy with a trailer" coverage.... BCAA helped me push it out of the intersection and to the closest parking lot.. i thanked him and called my coverage.. lol
              Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
              --------------------------------

Comment

i used 9 washers, 3 below each leg of the cas
                however i dunno what the thickness of your washers are..........
                basically ur trying to simulate the exact same thickenss of the oem washers(spacers) in the gasket of t-belt cover

Comment

Working...
                X