camshaft identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camshaft identification

hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how I could find out which cams I have.

It says on both the intake and exhaust camshaft:

HKS JAPAN RB2 N2

doesn't seem to mean anything, and googling did not help.

The engine I am using now came out of a single turbo car, and these are the cams that are in it.....I am starting to doubt whether i should continue using them or not.

to be really sure you'd have to take off the valve covers and have a look
    1991 Black GTR

Comment

You could check with HKS....

Or set the camshaft in a jig (could be the head), put a dial gauge on the cam surface, rotate it and note the difference between maximum and minimum reading (lift) and the number of degrees between the beginning and the end of the lift event. (I think .05mm is considered a threshold for start/finish, but someone else may know better.)

Then compare these numbers to other cams people are running on setups like yours. They may be great cams!

Dan
      sigpic
      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
        You could check with HKS....

Or set the camshaft in a jig (could be the head), put a dial gauge on the cam surface, rotate it and note the difference between maximum and minimum reading (lift) and the number of degrees between the beginning and the end of the lift event. (I think .05mm is considered a threshold for start/finish, but someone else may know better.)

Then compare these numbers to other cams people are running on setups like yours. They may be great cams!

Dan
        yeah, I e-mailed hks but it's taking a while to get a reply. yeah, there is always a way to measure it manually, but it would be alot easier just by reading some numbers off of it....one would think it would have a meaningful part number on it.

Comment

Working...
        X