Need new tuning/map for Vipec RB26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new tuning/map for Vipec RB26

I need a new config for my Vipec so I can drive around with a modded RB26 w/GT28-5's, Poncam B's and 700cc injectors. This config would be to just get it running somewhat decently...

...then I'll need a real tune. Anyone in Calgary capable of doing Vipec tuning work?

I know I can get stuff from Cam in Red Deer but I need the baseline tune to drive the car and if I can find a local tuner, it would be easier.

On Lightspeeds Websit in the download section there is a -5 map you can download.
    You can't fix stupid.

Comment

EDIT - someone beat me to it.

If you are going to have someone tune it, I'd more than likely take it to Cam. I was able to call him a few times for troubleshooting and he knows this ECU like nobodys business. Otherwise call around in Calgary. Try VEX etcetc.

If you haven't downloaded the new VTS software, it has a mixture map you can use once you get it running to quickly and roughly tune your low load/low rpm crusing cells. This feature kicks ass.

Comment

Lightspeed is the only vipec tuner in Alberta that I can find...

Edit:

I also have a -5 map, stock head and 800cc injectors. Let me know if you want it.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

On lightspeeds website they have a tune for 800cc's, -5's, and poncams. I think the name of the file mentions the 507whp (super super safe tune)

The only differnce is the injectors. 800 vs 700 so... 800/700=1.14 so... Download the vipec software and the tune, select the entire map, right click, add percentage, type 14%.

Good to go

I'm not saying to not bother with a tune but this should work good

Comment

I tried that but instead of changing the cells (e.g. highlighting and adjusting), I increased the Master adjustment for the entire table (is in ms: was set to 12 and tried 13-14 which is ~14%). Car runs horribly either way...here's some of the things I quickly noticed:

- idle ignition is @ 18o...should be 20o (minor but why not 20?)
            - idle AFR is 13.2 (WAY too rich for idle)
            - injector deadtime is 1.1ms and mine are rated @ 0.65ms; yet if I adjust just that, the car barely runs...
            - intake air temp correction is turned off (terrible if it's going to be a warm day)

I'm just learning some of the finer features of this ECU and I'm sure there's much more to consider...but those things about seem out of whack to me.

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
            On lightspeeds website they have a tune for 800cc's, -5's, and poncams. I think the name of the file mentions the 507whp (super super safe tune)

The only differnce is the injectors. 800 vs 700 so... 800/700=1.14 so... Download the vipec software and the tune, select the entire map, right click, add percentage, type 14%.

Good to go

I'm not saying to not bother with a tune but this should work good

Comment

Working...
            X