Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boost Leak Test - Am I doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Leak Test - Am I doing something wrong?

I'm only boosting to 0.4 bar without the restrictor in place. So the other week I decided to start looking for a boost pressure leak. I blocked off both inlet tubes, and pressurized the intake system through the fpr line at 5 psi. My problem is I'm not getting a reading inside the vehicle off of my Greddy mechanical boost gauge while I'm applying pressure. Am I doing something wrong? If I'm supposed to run 1 bar of boost, does that mean I have dial my compressor to 14 psi?
    "When life speeds by - downshift."

Have you pulled out your boost gauge to see if maybe the hose has fallen off the back or something small like that ? I pressure tested mine the exact same way as you did and I hit it with 25psi and kept going until my intake tubes were the size of footballs ! Im not kidding - you couldnt even see the plastic ribs in the pipe haha no leaks though. Try with more pressure when you pressure test - Sounds like you have a restrcition somewhere though..
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

check for a leak at your BOV's
      1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
      1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Your gauge should be registering. So either 1) something is wrong with the gauge as stated above, or 2) the air is getting out somewhere.

Did you block it off completely? Were you feeling pressure some pressure being built up?

Try hooking another gauge in the engine bay when doing your test.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
        X