Passenger Door Panel Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Door Panel Removal

I am trying to change my blown door speakers but I cannot figure out how to take off the passenger door panel. I have taken out the 6 screws on the perimeter of the panel, as well as the screw located in the pull handle and in the other handle portion. After popping out the clips around the perimeter i tried to lift the panel over (so the portion of the panel that guides the window) the door frame..seems to be attached somewhere still..Any tips or hints on getting this off?

try to locate where it is still attached. it's a 1990 so everything is pretty much visible. it's the samething as the driver side + you have screw in the handle.
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

The top of the door is curved and it holds onto the track of the window. Theres also two handles on the door that have to be removed, one handle is the actuator and the other is the pull handle. One has a screw behind it. Lastly you have to remove the window switch panel thing.

Comment

I removed the actuator handle. now the pull handle ( with window control ) remains. this is the passenger side panel. So the pull handle has to be unscrewed from behind?

Comment

I think the pull handle is just cliped in but it connects the door panel to the door frame. So once its popped out then your good to go. If I remember correct theres only a screws for the actuator handle.

Comment

So you have to unscrew the handle that opens the door from the inside?? I took the frame off, now the panel can come over the lever itself..does the lever itself need to be removed? it seems to be attached by the pull handle still near the power window lever is.

Comment

If I remember right you need to take the power window switch out and there is a screw behind it, the switch should just pop out with a knife or something flat. There is a book of everything skyline on this site somewhere that has a diagram. Get it and check it out.
              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                If I remember right you need to take the power window switch out and there is a screw behind it, the switch should just pop out with a knife or something flat. There is a book of everything skyline on this site somewhere that has a diagram. Get it and check it out.
                Yup^^

take that switch out
                .......GTRCANADA.COM
                Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

wow.. thanks alot guys. that was the easiest thing ever after knowing what to do. it took me all of 10 minutes to change the speaker and have the door panel fastened. thanks agian

Comment

Originally posted by GTRGeezler View Post
                    wow.. thanks alot guys. that was the easiest thing ever after knowing what to do. it took me all of 10 minutes to change the speaker and have the door panel fastened. thanks agian
                    Sweet, good to know, I might have to chat you up at the next meet, as I have speakers to install in my doors ....when I can find the time to do it.
                    BlackAura (Kevin)
                    1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                    2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                    1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X