HKS intercooler install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS intercooler install questions

I picked up an hks type R intercooler but it is not bolt on as it seems to require modding. The OEM intercooler lower mounts seem to be directly in the way of the new mounts which I may need to be cut off.

Anyone else install these intercoolers before? The manual is so helpful in it's only language I don't speak.

HKS. Great parts but everytime I buy them, there's so much messing around with fitment and no english manuals.... I'll post pics tomorrow.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

HKS uk should be able to email you a manual on that. HKS usa wont be any help...

Comment

Great idea, I'll try to find them. As for HKS USA, they're clowns.
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

This is quite the run of bad luck you are having with your top-shelf parts. First the Koyo Radiator and now the HKS Intercooler fitment. It looks like even top namebrands are subject to the odd fitting problem, similar to how you expect from a knock-off item.

Comment

There's that middle mount on the top side of the intercooler that bolt on to the hood latch assembly .The stock mount won't fit the intercooler you'll need to get some brackets that will reach the side mounts on the intercooler if it doesnt come with any.
          My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
            There's that middle mount on the top side of the intercooler that bolt on to the hood latch assembly .The stock mount won't fit the intercooler you'll need to get some brackets that will reach the side mounts on the intercooler if it doesnt come with any.
            Sounds like I should just use the brackets that came with it and cut out the oem pillow mount style mounts lol.
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Yep thats how its done!
              My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by nismo-152 View Post
                HKS uk should be able to email you a manual on that. HKS usa wont be any help...
                Letter to HKS UK:

To whom it may concern,

I purchased a Type R intercooler (the shorter one, 600mm) for my R32 GTR through HKS USA and have begun the installation. The issue I'm having is that the instructions/brochure is in Japanese only and there is some modifying involved. I don't want to assume what has to be cut out or modified beyond reversible change (and make a mistake like it's the wrong part for the car or anything) so I'm curious to know if you have these instructions in english. HKS usa says it's the way it is but I've heard HKS Europe has english manuals available. Please help me out!

Franc from Canada!
                ====

Thank you for your enquiry,

HKS Europe operates as an independent company with limited resources therefore we only offer technical support and guidance for the HKS products we ourselves have actually sold through our own authorised European dealer network. We do not offer support for items purchased from non authorised European dealers.

As your item has been supplied by HKS USA then you will need to contact them for any support you may require.

Best regards,

==Person's name I can't say==

Product Manager

HKS Europe Ltd.
                So, I'm on my own. Thank you HKS!! your over-priced parts are great to install and support is awesome! not. Atleast with most other brands, THE MANUALS ARE IN A WORLDWIDE LANGUAGE! I'd be ok if it were french or spanish, even italian. Anyways, I don't suggest any buy this stuff unless you can get the correct manuals which will save you time.
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

post pics. im sure we will be able to help you
                  1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
                  1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
                    post pics. im sure we will be able to help you
                    Oh rofl I thought I did. Sorry, I'll get on that when I get home.
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                    X