Weird Oil leak/drip help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Oil leak/drip help....

So I have what I would like to define as an oil leak... Only problem is it doesn't happen all the time, and its only ever like 1 or 2 drips. It isn't constant and there seems to be no reason as to when it occurs.

The oil "leak" always form right underneath/ around my front diff area under my intake/throttle body area. Im running 20W50 and have high oil pressure when its cold.

Is it possible that the high oil pressure when its cold could cause a small drip if boosted?

Reallly confused, gonna hoist it up and check it out later but doubt I will find anything
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Do you have the breather tube from the diff running up to the air trap under the intake manifold still? It sounds like a small bit of gear oil is being purged from the diff. This is normal.

Also,are you running a high spec race motor? What are your bearing tolerances? Why the need for 20/50?Sounds quite heavy to me!

Comment

could be some left over oil from the oil filter(as if makes a huge mess when changing filter)? or if you have a relocation kit, a little drip from that.
      GTRC-OG

Comment

think I got a bad seal somewhere... gonna have a look
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Working...
        X