No announcement yet.

Lighting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FOUND OUT WHAT IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My switch to turn the lights on were completely burnt inside! I will have pics up soon. I think this could be our problem!
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

OMG! What is causing these mini-fires? If this is the same for everyone then there has to be a fix to stop it from happening again. Normally mini-fires that arent stopped at the fuse is bad enough but this is insane! Also, anyone who knows where to get the plugs to the light switch shoot me a PM.
      '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
      '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

I got the pics up on facebook, if you can not see them add me. Sorry for the shitty cell pics, its all I had but you can definitely see the problem!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=12b03e620e

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Also if anyone is seeing this please let me know if you have the whole switch and plug i will buy asap!

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

damn dude, that looks IDENTICAL to mine..... did both our cars get hit by lightning at the exact same spot? lol

Srry for bad quality, was taken with cell.

Edit heres my pics:

Last edited by Nexsys; 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

haha omg yours is in the exact same spot. Im gonna try and re wire tonight and see if i can make it work, if not I guess ill be looking for a switch assembly.

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

let me know how it goes

Comment

Hey just to let you know i went to the local nissan dealership and he managed to find me a new harness IN STOCK, not the whole thing, just the plastic part and the 8 little clips, so atleast you should be able to pick one up locally if thats all you need, you just need todo a little wiring by yourself.

Also, i looked at the pictures of your harness and like mine it was missing the attachment clip, the guy at the dealer thinks that it may have lost contact due to the clip missing and not holding it in place which is why it fried.

Edit: cost me 40.22 with taxes

2nd edit:
                  part numbers

Plastic part: 255 CONN.J38751-99
                  Clips: 257 TERM.J38751-101
                  Last edited by Nexsys; 08-17-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, so i got my new harness/switch assembly installed, and it worked beautifully... for all of 2 seconds. Now the lights flicker on for about 2 seconds then the fuse pops, i put in a new fuse same thing. Anyone have any ideas of where i can start looking as to why it would keep popping the fuse. I do not have any extra fancy lights anywhere. The other thing i do have is an after market stereo which i installed myself, however there was already an after market stereo in there which i just followed there wiring plan. Any help would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                      Ok, so i got my new harness/switch assembly installed, and it worked beautifully... for all of 2 seconds. Now the lights flicker on for about 2 seconds then the fuse pops, i put in a new fuse same thing. Anyone have any ideas of where i can start looking as to why it would keep popping the fuse. I do not have any extra fancy lights anywhere. The other thing i do have is an after market stereo which i installed myself, however there was already an after market stereo in there which i just followed there wiring plan. Any help would be great.
                      Whoaaa. How is this happening? I got the whole switch assembly being delivered today. Do you have HID's? If this is being caused by HID's Im ripping it out. Did anything else happen? Or was it just the fuse? Was it the "electrical parts" Fuse?

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

was the fuse for the dash lights/tail lights thats popping, and no i dont have HIDs.

Comment

So I got my switch and all that, Put it together and wired it up. Everything turns on like it should now. BUT now Only the drivers headlight is getting power. I checked for loose connections or pulled wire but there was nothing. What could cause only one Headlight to get power?

Also the daytime lights on the passenger side turns on but not the projector its self. I have a new HID kit so I dont think its a bad bulb or anything.

Please help!

Thanks.

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Hey, can you test your old switch with the new harness see if it works? if it does can i have your old one to test against mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                              Hey, can you test your old switch with the new harness see if it works? if it does can i have your old one to test against mine?
                              Old switch is melted and no way to be used

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

dang

Comment

Working...
                                X