Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N1 Oil Pump - strong enough to run Cooler and Relocation kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N1 Oil Pump - strong enough to run Cooler and Relocation kit ?

Hi guys,
    I recently got my car back from Cam at lightspeed after getting the Vipec installed and tuned so havnt been on here for awhile.

Now that I have it back I will continue on with small mods and odds and ends.

My question for you is this : I would like to install my oil filter relocation kit again and was thinking of running a oil cooler. Is the N1 pump strong enough to pump that extra distance with the added resistance or should I just stick to the oil cooler ? Obviously the cooler is far more important then the reloc. kit.

Not sure if I can run 1 or both items with no problems. I have seen ALOT of pictures and threads of guys running the N1 pump on built engines with no problems and they are running both the relocation kit and the oil cooler so maybe if you guys have this set up you can tell me how it works for you.

Thanks guys. Also hope you all had a great summer with your GTR's!
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Also what do you guys reccomend for a oil cooler ?

Cheers

Comment

I have the N1 pump on my rb25, Makes TONNES of pressure, then added an oil cooler, didn't even effect pressure, next i'm also looking at filter relocation. N1 pump is more than enough to handle anything you throw at it

Comment

Evilgtr, how did the tuning go? make much power? Rich tune?
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Brianv8 - thanks for the info I appreciate the feed back. I think I will go ahead with the Oil cooler and relocation kit once aI find one. What brand of oil cooler are you running ?

NismoS-tune - First off this is my first experience with a stand alone computer system and its incredible ! I thought my car was fast before but now its crazy ( to me anyways ) prob not to alot of you guys. the final numbers were 515whp and almost 480ft/lbs at 17psi of boost on 94 octane. thats on light speeds hub dynos We were up around mid 500's whp I think at a little higher boost and more timing but Cam pulled timing and lowered the boost abit to be on the "safe" side incase I get some sh*t gas. The car is very linear with the powerband ! I will get my dyno sheet this week and post it up.

Oh and to top it off - when I was driving back to sask I averaged 26mpg ! thats cruising along between 120 - 130km/hr !

Comment

I am running a mishimoto one. BUT my supplier godspeed just came out with one. Looks exactly the same as my mishimoto and it comes with a oil filter relocation out of the kit. If i were to do it again i'd be buying this kit. Great bang for buck

I can do it for $185USD + shipping. PM me if interested

Comment

crap gas with 94 octane huh? What's your AFRs like throughout? Why didn't you go for more power? what turnbos again?

Originally posted by evilgtr View Post
              Brianv8 - thanks for the info I appreciate the feed back. I think I will go ahead with the Oil cooler and relocation kit once aI find one. What brand of oil cooler are you running ?

NismoS-tune - First off this is my first experience with a stand alone computer system and its incredible ! I thought my car was fast before but now its crazy ( to me anyways ) prob not to alot of you guys. the final numbers were 515whp and almost 480ft/lbs at 17psi of boost on 94 octane. thats on light speeds hub dynos We were up around mid 500's whp I think at a little higher boost and more timing but Cam pulled timing and lowered the boost abit to be on the "safe" side incase I get some sh*t gas. The car is very linear with the powerband ! I will get my dyno sheet this week and post it up.

Oh and to top it off - when I was driving back to sask I averaged 26mpg ! thats cruising along between 120 - 130km/hr !
              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 09-12-2010, 11:56 PM.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Brianv8 - thank you for the info and the link I will do some research and get back to you.

NismoS-tune I willl pm you so I dont get to off topinc on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by BrianV8 View Post
                  I am running a mishimoto one. BUT my supplier godspeed just came out with one. Looks exactly the same as my mishimoto and it comes with a oil filter relocation out of the kit. If i were to do it again i'd be buying this kit. Great bang for buck

I can do it for $185USD + shipping. PM me if interested
                  Can you sell just the oil cooler? I've already got the relocation kit and lines. Thanks! PM prefered to stay on topic.

Comment

not sure what oil pump i have,

but i'm runnig a filter relocator + oil cooler, with probly 10ft of AN-10 lines total,

when driving, my oil pressure gauge is just above the 4
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

That's funny... Mine is about 4 at start up and once warm settles down to the 1/4 mark. Higher revs goes up to about 4. I use 10w30.

Comment

i will send you a pm right now

Comment

Working...
                        X