king pin bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• king pin bearing

hey guys searched the fsm and this forum and couldnt find much info on replacing the bearings

getting a lil bit of groaning noise while accel and decel, regardless of in gear or not on the passenger front side of the car. had it up and found the kingpin bearing had some more play then the right side?

what are the torque specs, can they be tightened a lil to take up the play? i heard the upper bearing is avail at nsk or skf bearings co however the lower is nissan only? anyone confirm?

any body ever replace these bearings? is it a bitch? and if these bearings have some play wud they be attributed to groaning during accel or decel? regarless of in gear or not?

thanks guys
    Last edited by ck_chino; 09-13-2010, 02:37 AM.

how do you accelerate while not being in gear ? thats what i want to know

Comment

Originally posted by cortexx View Post
      how do you accelerate while not being in gear ? thats what i want to know
      A hill in neutral?

I'd like to know more about the bearings too...my hubs have a semi-thick coat of rust on them (shipped that way)
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Yes but this is ontario , its 99% flat , no hills here , maybe he was being towed

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
        A hill in neutral?

I'd like to know more about the bearings too...my hubs have a semi-thick coat of rust on them (shipped that way)

Comment

anyways to clear up the issues of me being in gear or not

during accel in gear i hear the noise, during braking while in gear or not i also hear the noise.

the noise is coming from the passenger floor right where that hump is.....sounds like a metal groaning noise
          any help??????????

thanks guys

Comment

I have a kingpin I will sell you for like $15 +ship...

No idea about the bearings.
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
              I have a kingpin I will sell you for like $15 +ship...

No idea about the bearings.
              this is how threads get messed up. already enough stupid replies already and then u have ones like this trying to sell me something i dont need. if i need a kingpin i wud have asked. why do u guys even bother posting?

Comment

Yes, I ruined the whole thread

Sorry for trying to be nice and save you some money... I figured I would offer in case you were going to order one anyway.

I would of gave it away for the price of shipping, but I guess its just going in the trash bin now.
                BNR32- Sold
                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Granted this is not on a skyline but I had that metal groaning noise on my maxima and it turned out the bearing was shot, unfortunately I drove on it too long and it ground out the hub and that had to be replaced too.
                  1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                  Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

sorry if i offended you, i appreciate how you were trying to help me out and save me some cash, hey we're a community and we're all here for the same reason......... the love of the skyline. not saying u ruined the whole thread, its others with their pointless post that clutter up a thread and make it frustrating. anyways thanks quadracer for trying to help me out my apologies for being rude.

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                    Yes, I ruined the whole thread

Sorry for trying to be nice and save you some money... I figured I would offer in case you were going to order one anyway.

I would of gave it away for the price of shipping, but I guess its just going in the trash bin now.

Comment

hey when u say bearing, ur talking about the wheel bearing right? i say this because u mentioned the hub

Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
                      Granted this is not on a skyline but I had that metal groaning noise on my maxima and it turned out the bearing was shot, unfortunately I drove on it too long and it ground out the hub and that had to be replaced too.

Comment

My bad, I read bearing and automatically thought wheel bearing for some reason. Gotta get my head back in the game, sorry about that.
                        1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                        Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Working...
                        X