brakes upgrade....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes upgrade....

Hey guys....I have a limited budget here so just wondering if anybody knows a good set of rotors and pads for not an arm and a leg....want slotted rotors and may even go for some hawk pads....let me know what you guys think
    gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

AMS R33 bbk.
    AMS is Canada's premier tuner and parts developer/provider for Nissan Z vehicles (300ZX, 350Z, 370Z), Infiniti G vehicles (G35, G37), and the Skyline GTR (R32, R33, R34, and R35 GT-R). AMS also specializes in performance tuning and OEM servicing of all Nissan and Infiniti brand vehicles.

Comment

Z32 front rotors aren't the same dimensions than R32 GTR, I think the Z32 R33 GTR kit needs some toying to fit an R32 GTR.

Ask Vuk for a special order on R32 GTR direct bolt on two-piece disks. It's not on the site.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

marus,
        in the link posted, the kit is for R32 GTR, the brackets are shorter than the Z32 kit, it will fit no problem, the rotor material isn't super high quality though
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          marus,
          in the link posted, the kit is for R32 GTR, the brackets are shorter than the Z32 kit, it will fit no problem, the rotor material isn't super high quality though
          Good to know Frank.

Just to make sure though, I was just going by the first line that says "AMS R33 V-Spec front rotor kit (12.75”) is designed for the Z32 equipped with R32 GTR calipers"
          I just thought since stock front Z32 rotors are smaller it'd be different for the stock R32 location. But also I'm recollecting a past thread for when this Z32 R33 kit came out, maybe I should check it out.
          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

regardless of the car its on, Z32 calipers need 280mm rotors to fit, but R32 GTR calipers are "longer" and need 296mm rotors to fit, hence why the brackets are "shorter" for R32 GTR calipers to be used with R33 GTR 324mm rotors,

like i said, its regarless of the car its on, all that matters is the caliper's origin
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
              regardless of the car its on, Z32 calipers need 280mm rotors to fit, but R32 GTR calipers are "longer" and need 296mm rotors to fit, hence why the brackets are "shorter" for R32 GTR calipers to be used with R33 GTR 324mm rotors,

like i said, its regarless of the car its on, all that matters is the caliper's origin
              Makes sense, thanks man
              1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

There's still some slight grinding required (nothing major) to fit that kit on. I remember reading it from the other threads marus was referring to, and more than one person confirmed.

That being said, custom fitting should'nt scare people, it's normal. I also remember reading somewhere that you need to grind bolt holes when installing a nismo lsd.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I have that kit, brackets needed a touch of work with the die grinder but very minimal. Best bang for the buck IMHO, the rotors won't survive track thrashing on a regular basis but haul my car down from 270km/h with very little noise or drama on multiple occations. The fact that the replacement steel part of the rotor is less than half the price of the standard R32 replacement rotor is just a bonus.

They fill out 17" and 18" wheels very nicely too.

Jon.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I got more bad feedback from this kit than good.. So, it's your call. for daily it's fine but if you want to go track or performance. forget it.

Stick with 296mm rotors. dba rotor fit this category.

2- buy bracket to move the oem caliper so you can fit 324rotors, however, best deal so far i found on these bracket is 400$ stupid.

3- go BBK, options and price are almost sky..

If I can find bracket for less than 100$, I will go with option 2. else, I will stick with 296mm rotor.
                    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

personally, I will still go with the AMS kit. for now, I do WAY more street than track, and I have not seen any evidence that they are crap quality, other than frank 'assuming' the rotors are sub par. FRanki, I am not bashing your credibility. I just think with the mismatch brake system you have going on, it's hard to point the finger at the rotors based on assumption. Especially because these assumptions are based on a track day where your bias was so wonky that the rear locked up and the front didnt under hard braking.
                      Last edited by TW; 10-16-2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

want my rotors? they're for sale
                        sigpic

Comment

sure, how much?

Comment

pm'ed
                            sigpic

Comment

so this kit is for the front....should I even bother putting a cross drilled rotor on the back or no? I dont really do track just mostly street so is there a point of doing so?
                              gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Working...
                              X