No announcement yet.

GTR heater problem. Freezing to death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR heater problem. Freezing to death.

Okay I would like to enjoy the little bit of season we have left but having allot of trouble because my heater does not work, like nothing, it is connected, there is no air in the system, no leaks, coolant level has not changed. When you turn on the heater there is no hot air at all. No matter if you put it on FH I checked the sensor and the tube and it is still plugged in, so if anyone can give me some guidance, I read up that it can possible be a door that is stuck on full cold, so if I can get some guidance to adjust it to hot that would really make finishing work at midnight a non frigid experience

Thanks.
    Steve
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

The cable to your heater valve may be seized. It's a common problem on some Hondas. Look for a small box looking valve with a thin cable coming off it, it should be right at the firewall where your heater line in goes. Have someone turn the knob from hot to cold and the cable should move. If not, try it by hand.

Comment

My car is a GTR, not a honda, there is no knobs just a climate control with adjusting temperature, I will give it another look today.
      You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

the little motor for the hot/cold door might be dead
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I have a similar problem. however, no cold air and no hot air. only medium air.

The air won't blow at 1,2,3 fans, only when i have 4 fan, air will blow. 50% of the times, half of my button won't work. I keep pushing the off button and the ac control won't turn off. I think, my heater control is simply *****d and this is why I'm not getting anything from it. BUT... could it be something else?
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.R View Post
            My car is a GTR, not a honda, there is no knobs just a climate control with adjusting temperature, I will give it another look today.
            I know, I was just saying that it is quite common with hondas and it may be a similar issue. I don't know what the GTR setup is, but stuff like this tends not to change much between manufacturers.

If the motor for the door is in the cabin, then it will have a cable. The motor could also be directly on the valve, in which case you would check your voltage to the motor when you adjust the temperature.

Comment

similar to honda? hahaha hondas have a cable the gtr is electronic climate control lol

anyways try this since i had this issue b4....go behind the climate control and do it this in the passenger area n look for a harness connector with 3 wires...unplug it and then the the male pins (3 of them, bend them a bit so when u plug it back in it has full contact....try it
              Toy: BNR32
              DD: R50

Comment

Working...
              X