Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competition clutchs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Competition clutchs

    Looking at buying a clutch for my gtr the comp stage 4 has my eye with there 10lbs flywheel can get it for a good deal what do you guys think?? 500-600hp no problem and daily driven

  • #2
    Should be ok, but almost everyone I know goes though their single plate clutches quickly if they do a lot of drag. For daily driver and lapping should be more then ok. Competition Clutch is a good company.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why is that that they go threw single discs that fast ?? Torque? I wouldn't drag a gtr maybe track once and a while just cruising and studd

      Comment


      • #4
        AWD high RPM launches burn these clutches off faster than a bottle of rye gets a girls panties off. It took 7 or 8 big launches to toast my clutch. I replaced it with an exedy single, but I go easy on it until I can afford to replace with a twin plate clutch.
        1992 Skyline GTR - Garage Queen
        2009 Dodge Caravan - Woopee
        1989 240sx - Rusty Beater
        1979 Nomad Skyline - 23' Camper Trailer

        Comment


        • #5
          I am running a Nismo Super Copper Mix Twin Competition good for 700ps. Very streetable clutch. Light pedal feel for a twin. Engagement happens at the top of the pedal travel and is short, which is great for fast shifting. Install guide recommended not to use them for drag racing.
          1989 Skyline GTR

          "Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
          www.victoriamotorsports.ca

          Comment

          Working...
          X