Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird stalling issue

Car: '92 GTR
    Mods: Intake, exhaust, boost restrictor pulled, suspension and ACT clutch.

Problem: Car randomly stalls at idle & if the problem happens when driving it feels like it's hitting fuel cut while cruising around at part throttle. Problem goes away when I give it some gas.

Attempted solutions:

-Replaced TPS and adjusted new one properly to 0.5V at closed throttle and 4.0V at full throttle. Resistance is also in check at 2.0 kOhms at closed throttle and 10.0 kOhms at full throttle.

-Replaced fuel filter.

-Checked grounds.

Ideas:

-Could it be an O2 sensor problem since the problem goes away under moderate to full throttle?

-MAFS seem fine but have not ruled them out, just seems unlikely that they would be intermittent and work properly with more air going through them...

-No boost / vacuum leaks that I can find and the car runs fine 99% of the time.

Any input is appreciated, I will be checking more stuff tonight and tomorrow as I rack my brain for ideas...

Get maf cleaner and rule that out first. I had weird issues and was looking all over the place, couldn't figure it out, cleaned the mafs and everything went back to normal. most importantly, clean the back maf, that's where most of the blowby will be. If you had a standalone, I say, turn the o2 feedback off and rule that out as well.

where did you buy your fuel filter? I need to replace mine, do I just get a 300zx one from napa?
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (main)
    2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door (baby wagon)

Comment

Yeah, the 300ZX one from a TT is much larger than the stock one from our cars (same as 240SX) so it needs a bit of persuasion to go into the same holder.

I'll get some MAF cleaner tonight, thanks.

Comment

Try to resolder them pull large black square off and resolder 4 joints and heat sink than reseal

Comment

Do you have stock recirc bovs? If you dont not have them recirc it could die at ilde. It happened to me when I took the recirc piping off. And even died right when I would start it up.
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

It's atmospheric BOV, has been since before I imported it. I've had this car for over 3 years now and it has never done this before. I will check the MAFS to see if anything is out of whack. Working tonight at the bar tonight but tomorrow night should be free.

Comment

sounds similar to the problem i had, solution was replace O2 sensors... check them
              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

i am having the exact same problem did you figure out the solution?

Comment

sounds like mafs to me.. Clean and re-solder!
                  -91' GTR, eventually a reliable track/street car... Might not be not untrue..

Comment

I'm having somewhat of the same problems but my car isn't stalling, it's just leaning out on low throttle, I've cleaned mafs, changed fuel filter, spark plugs, splitfire coil packs, spark plugs, and the list goes on and its still doing it, I have no idea why and it's making me mad, I think I need a tune. But it seemed to start right after I put my test pipe on.. So if you figure it out let me know!

Comment

I had somewhat of the same issue last year. Car would stall lose power while driving total power loss etc.
                      My problem turned out to be the fuel pump control circuit board fried. May not be the same but check the fuel system as well.

Comment

Is that the one that's in the passenger compartment? I don't have access to my service manual until tomorrow as I'm on course in Borden and heading out tonight to go back home to Kingston.

Comment

If its happening at idle and when you let off the throttle check the AAC Valve.

Comment

i am having the same issue with mine it will just stall while cruising, and hesitation while accelerating. did you find out what is wrong?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to tear into it since I have no tools and I'm on a military course until 9 Nov. It will do it at idle (sometimes), while cruising (sometimes) and not at all (sometimes). It seems to be completely random and whenever she wants to act up, kind of tempermental...

Comment

Working...
                              X