Sub frame position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub frame position

Yes, I crashed, i know. I need help, please no flamers.

Hey everyone, im finally almost finished fixing my R32 GTR and the last thing to do is get a fab shop to repair/re-weld the flange on the rear sub frame. In the perfect world the top would just need to be hammered back down flat then resealed but I need to know if the flange has been hit out of alignment. Does anyone know of any measurements or checks I could do to know if this flange needs to be rebent, or if it can just be rewelded on the top. Thx in advance!! Cant wait to have my baby back!! I have a GTST sub frame under my house but I was told they are not the same. I need to figure this out this week or else I cant get my money back for the GTST sub frame.

pffft... bring it to a reputable RACE shop... if you were in Montreal id say Autoworx 100% but you're in BC so maybe some BC natives can reccomend a good shop? (z-tune's shut down but isnt one of those guys doing a new shop?)

that should be re-welded and maybe have some support braces welded into it as well. like i said, a job for a proper race shop.
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

just replace the whole subframe, they arent that expensive.

and no, the gts-t one is not the same as the gtr subframe

Comment

Knowing you won't be able to use the gts subframe I would just get your money back. If your in bc contact braden@jnsimports I'm sure he has one or even 4xtoys seems to be a good referral as well. Try these guys and I'm sure you will get what you need. If you can't find anything Just post in the want to buy section. There is a jdm junk yard in your arear too. Last time I heard they have 2 gts and one gtr if your in luck they might have a sub frame, I'm sure you would get a better deal from the 2 guys I said though
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Well im positive its repairable. Im just gonna hammer the hat back back down, triple check the alignment then just drive down to a fab shop and the three edges welded back down. Im not going to drop the whole sub frame just because of one little flange if its repairable. The GST sub frame i bought for $80, is it worth selling or should I just return it for the $80?

Comment

Well you could get more for it but who needs a gts rear subframe? Not many people. I would return it if I were you get your money and seriously think about getting a new subframe. Look at it this way..... 80 for the gts subframe and let's say another 50 for the welders time. Your at 130, add a little cash to that and you'll have a mint subframe and not one thy has had the structure compromised. Just a thought
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

No no you got that backwards, I would get $80 BACK for the GTST subframe, and get my buddy who has a Class C welder cert to do it. So id save around $80 + GTR subframe ($200?)

Comment

looks like 30 min fix with some scrap metal and a mig. I wouldn't bother replacing from what I can see. Just cut off the top. The metal on the top tore away. When metal is torn, it's been heated up and anneals the steel making it soft. Cut away the part thats torn, get some new steel, cut and replace. Use your lower control arm as a jig. The camber is adjusted by the upper cont arm. As long as nothing else other then that mount for the lower cont arm was bent then the alignment shouldn't have changed. You will see I guess after your done and bolt the wheel on it. If it looks off then get an assignment or do a diy job if you know how.

4Xtoys has plenty of GTR subframes. stack of em So if you do need used oem parts, Thats one of the one stop shops to stock em. You can call me if you need a quote on anything Braden is there too, the rest of that shop has been super busy busting cars for the scrappers so contact whoever I guess
                ALLEN PETERSEN
                Number (604) 961-2449
                4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Working...
                X