Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke in cabin as soon as 4wd engages

hey guys,

my gtrs been in storage all winter, had a nice warm one today and took her for a spin once the oil was all warmed up and has putted around town for a few mins. drove around for about an hour car drove beautifully must like the crisp cold air, but after driving up a hill and riding the boost pretty hard and noticed that everytime 4wd engaged there were little plumes of smoke comming from the shift boot.

the only time i see smoke is when 4wd engages at no other time is there smoke or smell of any kind. im sure its the transfer case just wondering what the soloution may be.....

have you checked the fluid level in your transfer case?

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
      have you checked the fluid level in your transfer case?
      where is the fill n drains located for this part? ive done a search but cant find a picture or decent explanation

Comment

I also though fluid level first, maybe you're running low.

Download the service manual if you haven't already. All basic maintenance is included in it.

R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

very many thanks i forgot about this, now that i have a new fast laptop i can open large pdf files YAY

Comment

I had smoke coming from the same place, but this was just from regular highway driving. Smelt like something was burning. It would come and go. I never noticed if it did it when the Front wheels came in tho. You could hardly see the smoke, only if you were sitting in the back or passenger.
            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
              I had smoke coming from the same place, but this was just from regular highway driving. Smelt like something was burning. It would come and go. I never noticed if it did it when the Front wheels came in tho. You could hardly see the smoke, only if you were sitting in the back or passenger.
              exact same symptoms as me bro i would check your fluid

Comment

i cant find this info anywhere in the manual can someone tell me the page number? i was always under the impression the transfer case was connected with the transmission. if not where should i be looking

Comment

Originally posted by GT-RJules View Post
                  i cant find this info anywhere in the manual can someone tell me the page number? i was always under the impression the transfer case was connected with the transmission. if not where should i be looking
                  Also check for a Torn Boot on underneath your shifter. I've seen smoke come into the cabin through the Shifter area when there's a torn boot.

Comment

FOUND IT, maybe im just a r-tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X