Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building ATTESA AWD from scratch, Gurus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building ATTESA AWD from scratch, Gurus?

Ok so I have the ATTESA ecu (with pigtail), ABS wheel speed sensors, and ATTESA pump unit that sits on top of the rear diff. My car does not have ABS on it at all. Aside from having to pick up some G sensors and building a harness from scratch based on the ATTESA ecu wiring diagram, does the ecu have to have ABS to work the AWD?

Nope, I think the attesa works of the wheel speed sensors. Removing the abs module shouldnt have any effect on the attesa.
    NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Originally posted by NeptuneGTR View Post
      Nope, I think the attesa works of the wheel speed sensors. Removing the abs module shouldnt have any effect on the attesa.
      Can't make head or tail of the electrical diagram: the ABS is part of the system, but the ABS module could behave as a slave, piggybacking on the ATTESA signal.

Looking at the AWD diagram, it's only wheel speed sensors that's mentionned so you're probably right.

Edit: Since I'm still not very litterate when it comes mechanics, isn't the wheel speed sensor part or integral of the ABS hub sensors or separate? (Not even sure if that exists, I haven't dealt with my brake system yet)
      Last edited by MarusGTR; 02-24-2011, 11:56 PM.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Yea, the attesa does effect the abs, so lets say if you disable the attesa, I think that would deactivate both the awd system and the abs, but if you remove just the abs, it doesn't effect the attesa. So I guess you could say the abs does piggyback on the attesa.
        NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Yea I have all 4 of the GTR hubs and axles that I will be using along with the wheel sensors. Basically the only logical component I am missing is the G sensor. The ABS just confused me from looking at the diagram which is why I ask. Has anyone here ever deleted their entire ABS on a GTR, abs ecu and all hardware with AWD still working? It would really suck if I sourced a G sensor and built the entire harness from scratch only to not have it work because ABS is missing lol.

Comment

Actually I just found out through some googling that the ETS and ABS are controlled by the same box. I also dug in a pile of mess in the garage and found the ABS solenoid unit. Looks like I am all set. So anyone ever run without this bulky ABS solenoid hooked up at all? Where can I buy the G sensor that's under the center console? (It's multiple G sensors crammed into one unit right?)

Comment

For the G sensor, I think you can get it new for rhdjapan, or just post a wtb add, shouldnt be too hard to find.

yup there are three sensors in one, two longitudinal and one lateral.
              NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Originally posted by ItzGenX View Post
                Actually I just found out through some googling that the ETS and ABS are controlled by the same box. I also dug in a pile of mess in the garage and found the ABS solenoid unit. Looks like I am all set. So anyone ever run without this bulky ABS solenoid hooked up at all? Where can I buy the G sensor that's under the center console? (It's multiple G sensors crammed into one unit right?)
                Like we said, the ETS and ABS are controlled by the ETS controller, but the ABS seems to feed off ETS signal. Basically cut the ABS controller out and the ETS should be okay on it's own.

It -should-.

Anyway the N1 GTRs didn't have ABS but still (obviously) had ETS, so that's probably how it's set up.
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the input fellas.

Comment

No problem buddy, just one question, are you working on a skyline?? Sounds like you're using all the skyline guts into another car.
                    NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Whatever it is, he is building something unique!
                      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

ya, wat are you building? lol
                        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

S14 with full BNR32 running gear. I just finished welding the R32 strut towers into the S14 today.

Comment

i dub that vehicle the r32.14 lol jk good luck dude should be somethign very unique once its done
                            Nitrous Oxide is like a hot girl with STDs you wanna hit it but your too afraid of the consequences that will fallow

Comment

Originally posted by ItzGenX View Post
                              S14 with full BNR32 running gear. I just finished welding the R32 strut towers into the S14 today.
                              Post some pics! that thing should be really light when its all done, like around 1300 kg.
                              NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Working...
                              X