Grounding kit install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding kit install

Hey everyone, just bought an HKS grounding kit and I was wondering if anyone had installed one before. Im sure its pretty basic, but I was hoping someone would know what length wire goes to what part (Alternator,starter,firewall ect ect) Can anyone help me out here? Any pictures would be very appreciated too.
    The wire lengths are:
    30" long (1)
    22.5" long (2)
    15.5" long (2)

Thanks in advance everyone!

thats all a grounding kit is!?!? i can make that myself lol
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Well what else did you expect? And I got it for $20 sooo.... thats cheaper then buying stock wier anyways, plus its stamped HKS. If your not going to help me out dont post plz

Comment

I'll help you out!

connect the bent gold metal piece directly sandwhiched in the clamp that holds onto the negative battery terminal post. from there, bolt your wires to the various holes using provided hardware nuts and bolts... make em tight!

ok heres where you can connect the other ends of those wires to achieve good grounding results.

1) the longest one should go to the back of engine and get screwed onto the same place that the ignition amplifier has a ground.. its a small black wire with an eye-let on the end about 4 inches long only... you'll see it, it IS back there.

2) the shortest one can go to to the shock tower, to bridge the earth connections with the chassis
        3) next one goes to the negative earth of the alternator, can be hard to get to, but use a flash light and look in there, you'll see, same thing, wire with open eyelet on the end, bolted to something metal, usually the housing of the alternator
        4) one can go to one of the screws on your Cam Angle Sensor to ground that
        5) last one can go to the earths that are found near the front of the intake manifold, just where the upper radiator hose connects to the block. there's 2 or 3 earth wires there that will make for a good earthing point to share, again same thing, eyelet bolt etc...

you may or may not notice a difference after installation though eh.... they only do something if you had earthing problems or weak earths to begin with, which on a 20 year old car, is usually the case.

hope this helps you, as a noober, have a look around my website, theres LOTS of great beginners info here: www.skyline-life.blogspot.com

good luck,
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

thats a pretty neat kit, never seen one before good luck on the install

Comment

HKS is the worst for price and customer support. You don't even get stickers in most packages and dont' always get guides/manuals while paying a mint...
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Haha yeah i was surprised i didnt even get a sticker in my HKS EVC box
              1993 Nissan R32 GTR

Comment

$600+ EVC and you still have to buy stickers lmao
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

OP: just so you know... thats not a real HKS product.

..incase you didnt know already.

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
                    OP: just so you know... thats not a real HKS product.

..incase you didnt know already.
                    elaborate......
                    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

its just a generic ebay grounding kit, HKS logo's dont look like that... just beacuse its purple and says "HKS" doesnt mean its really hks.. lol

that and, the fact it was only $20 made it pretty obvious :P hks would probably charge $120 for that... most likely more, if they made a grounding kit.
                      Last edited by derk; 02-28-2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

I checked with both HKS USA and HKS Japan and neither site shows them making a grounding kit. Maybe Kansei do??
                        1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
                        www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

LOL.....yea those letters look like old english or something. Still $20 is not too bad as long as the crimps are good, saved you the trouble of making them yourself. Won't do anything though, grounding kits are a bit of a waste of time. As long as you have a good ground to the chassis and one good one to the block you don't need anything more. I've seen kits that have about 8 of them.......not needed.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by dragon humper View Post
                            lol.....yea those letters look like old english or something. Still $20 is not too bad as long as the crimps are good, saved you the trouble of making them yourself. Won't do anything though, grounding kits are a bit of a waste of time. As long as you have a good ground to the chassis and one good one to the block you don't need anything more. I've seen kits that have about 8 of them.......not needed.

Jon.
                            qft!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                              LOL.....yea those letters look like old english or something. Still $20 is not too bad as long as the crimps are good, saved you the trouble of making them yourself. Won't do anything though, grounding kits are a bit of a waste of time. As long as you have a good ground to the chassis and one good one to the block you don't need anything more. I've seen kits that have about 8 of them.......not needed.

Jon.
                              agreed plus they make your engine bay look like ****!!!
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X