How to install HICAS delete bar, plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install HICAS delete bar, plz help

Hey everyone, ive been using these forums to help with this install but I dont understand the details on the solenoids in the engine bay of a GTR, its all for GTST. Ok so here goes...

What ive done so far:
    Removed Tie rod ends and separated the two rods from the HICAS housing and im ready to thread them into the new lock bar.
    Removed the lines up to the hydraulic solenoid block, about a foot ahead of the rear wheels (1st pic), this is not the one in the engine bay.

Questions: What are these parts for (2nd picture) and what do I need to do the 'solenoid block' in the engine bay? (Please be detailed!!) Thx in advance everyone.

Ive been trying to do this with this as a guide but im now stuck...

There are two each of these included in the kit (4 Pieces total)

what i did, was completely remove the solenoid in the engine bay. and do that hose connection like it says. remove all these lines your messing around with, from the engine back all the way to the rear of the car. install lock bar. remove hicas vanes in ps pump if you want.... (saw your other thread)
    GTRC-OG

Comment

But what about all the other lines going into this solenoid junction in the engine bay? Where do they go, because id only be removing the two lines from the junctions right? The two that go down and along the car length to the HICAS. Also, i was told I had to pull the engine to get to the solenoid anyways. No? Do you know of anywhere where I can find out how to remove the vanes? Looks simple enough, so its mainly this solenoid thing im worried about

Comment

its really simple. and you can get the solenoid out without removeing the engine lol. the lines would be a PITA to get to though. if you remove the solenoid, the lines that connect to the solenoid, go to the back of the car. there is also a line that goes from the solenoid, down underneath the engine, and across to the powersteering pump. you can remove that line. there is a connection on that line. you can see it in those pictures in that how to guide you posted. it is pretty simple. that guide basically tells you everything you need to know.
        GTRC-OG

Comment

So did you remove the entire solenoid assembily, or just remove those two pipes to it and put it back in? Did you also remove the vanes in the PS pump?

Comment

i removed the solenoid and left it out. Get rid of all lines from the solenoid, to the back of the car. they are useless if you have a lock bar or solenoid.

i have not removed the vaes in the pump.
            GTRC-OG

Comment

So the vanes in the pump are now technically running a small loop just in the engine bay? So that whole assembly is removed eh? What two hoses did he loop in this tutorial?

Comment

So from what I can see where are 4 lines going into this solenoid, the two gold ones close together at the top (I assume) are the ones that ive capped and that go along the length of the car. So once Ive removed this solenoid and those two steel lines, im left with two lines left, are these the ones i join together?

Comment

Hey everyone, ok so update. In the end i decided not to touch my PS pump because it would be WAY easier to just loop the lines so the HICAS fluid now just goes in a small loop in the engine bay. On the solenoid there are four lines going in, two of them go down the length of the car to HICAS and the other two are the ones I will loop tomorrow. First pic is the HICAS bar, 2nd pic is the solenoid and 3rd pic shows the two ends that I will be looping with pipe and fitting tomorrow. Thoughts?

Comment

K so update: Lines have been looped and car runs amazing, car feels much more peppy (from the -45lbs?) and the steering wheel is much lighter. I think the feel of the wheel is mainly because im used to the pump trying to force fluid to a dead end and it bogged it down but hey, i love it.

-45LBS of ********

Here is a pic of the clamp and the hose going down to the flare end I showed in my last picture of my last post. Other end if clamped like this one using factory clamps (The best)

Comment

Working...
                    X